Just recently a young person came up to me and said
不久前一位年輕人跟我說,
she was sick of politicians standing in the way of her dreams.
她收購了政客們阻礙她的夢想。
As if we were actually going to let Malia go to Burning Man this year.
說得像我們今年真會允許Malia去火人節似的。
Was not going to happen.
沒門。
Bernie might have let her go. Not us.
伯尼可能會放她去的。我們肯定不會。
I am hurt though, Bernie, that you have been distancing yourself little from me.
不過我也有點受傷啊,伯尼,因為你在跟我保持距離。
I mean that’s just not something that you do to your comrade.
我是說,你不能這樣對待革命同志啊。
Bernie’s slogan has helped his campaign catch fire among young people.
伯尼的口號讓他在年輕人群中如星火燎原,
‘Feel the Bern.’ ‘Feel the Bern.’ That’s a good slogan.
感受那種灼熱,感受那灼熱,不錯的口號。
Hillary’s slogan has not had the same effect. Let’s see this.
希拉里的口號就沒有同樣的效果,請看。
Look, I’ve said how much I admire Hillary’s toughness, her smarts, her policy chops, her experience.
我說過我非常敬佩希拉里的強硬、智慧、政策和經驗。
You’ve got admit it though,
不過你也得承認,
Hillary trying appeal to young voters is a little bit like your relative who just signed up for Facebook.
希拉里吸引年輕人的手法,就像你家剛注冊Facebook的長輩一樣。
‘Dear America, did you get my poke?
親愛的美國人民,你們收到我的桶桶了嗎?
Is it appearing on your wall?
在你的留言墻上出現了嗎?
I’m not sure I’m using this right. Love, Aunt Hillary.’
我不知道我用得對不對,愛你的,希拉里大姨,
It’s not entirely persuasive.
說服力不太夠。
Meanwhile, on the Republican side, things are a little more, how shall we say this, a little more loose.
與此同時,在共和黨一邊情況更加的怎么形容好呢更亂套。
Just look at the confusion over the invitations to tonight’s dinner.
看看今天晚宴邀請函的混亂就知道了。
Guests were asked to check whether they wanted steak or fish.
我們讓來賓打勾選擇吃牛排還是魚。
But instead, a whole bunch of you wrote in Paul Ryan.
結果一大堆人寫了個Paul Ryan。