In fifty years, maybe a Negro colonel.In a hundred years, the vote.
50年后 或許會有黑人上校 100年后就能參加選舉了
What'll you do after the war, Corporal Clark?
戰爭結束后你會做什么 克拉克下士
Work, sir. Perhaps you'll hire me.Perhaps I will.
去上班 長官 也許您會雇用我 沒準我會的
But you should know, sir,that I get sick at the smell of bootblack and I cannot cut hair.
但是長官 我不想再擦皮鞋了 也不會理發
I've yet to find a man could cut mine so it'd make any difference.
我已經有理發師了 所以這倒無所謂
You got springy hair for a white man.
作為一個白人您的頭發太卷了
Yes, I do. My last barber hanged himself.
沒錯 我前任理發師上吊自殺了
And the one before that.Left me his scissors in his will.
他的前任也一樣 還在遺囑里把剪子留給我
President Lincoln, sir? Evening, boys.
林肯總統 晚上好 小伙子們
We saw you at, we We were at, at We was at Gettysburg!
我們見過您 就在 在 在葛底斯堡見過您
You boys fight at Gettysburg?Naw, we didn't fight there. We just signed up last month.
你們在葛底斯堡打過仗嗎 沒有 我們上個月剛入伍
We saw him two years ago at the cemetery dedication.
我們在兩年前的公墓演講見過他
Yeah, we heard you speak.We, damn, damn damn!Hey, how tall are you anyway?!
沒錯 我們聽過那次演講 我們 唉呀媽呀 您到底有多高啊
Jeez, shut up!Could you hear what I said?No, sir, not much. It was.
老天 快閉嘴 我的演講你記住了多少 不太多 長官 那時
Four score and seven years ago,our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation,
先人立國 已逾八十有七載
conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
自由平等 乃立國之本
That's good, thank you.Now we are engaged in a great civil war,testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure.
不錯 謝謝你 今逢內爭 欲明以此 為本之國 能永存否
We are, we are, we are met on a great battlefield of that war?That's good, thank you.
吾人 吾人 吾人來此戰場 很好 謝謝
We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live.
欲以方寸之地 奉我勇士 勇士者 為赴國難而亡
It is His uncles, they died on the second day of fighting.
吾人此舉 他的叔伯們在戰爭第二天就犧牲了
I know the last part. It is Company up! Move it out! It is rather.Boys, best go and find your company. Thank you.
我還記得最后一段 集合 出發 吾尚存者 小伙子 該歸隊了 謝謝你們
Thank you, sir. God bless you.God bless you too.
謝謝您 長官 愿上帝保佑您 愿上帝也保佑你