Traditional interviewing
傳統面試
You are in my office now
你來到我辦公室
you've done all these great things
你做的一切都挺棒
we used to ask questions
有時候我們問人家
like where do you see yourself in 10 years?
你覺得自己10年后會是什么樣子?
What are your strengths, what are you weaknesses?
你有什么長處,有哪些缺點?
There is a little bit fudge factor that can get through into that
這樣的事可以摻點水分
Because I can tell you sure in 10 years, I am gonna sitting on a beach, right?
我可以跟你說10年后,我就坐在海邊的沙灘上
Get a cabana boy, nice yacht
讓那些小伙子們伺候我,還有漂亮的游艇
I can make stuff up
我可以瞎編
So this type of interviewing technique really isn't used very often anymore
所以現在這種面試方式不太常用了
It's kind of our warm up now in trying to get to know you
一般是作為了解應聘者的熱身問題
Instead, you have a lot of my colleagues
我的很多同事
actually using what we call the behavioral model interviewing
現在都使用行為模型面試法
Have you heard this term before behavioral interviewing?
你們聽說過這個術語嗎 行為面試?
Yes. Ok, do we know what it stands for
好的,那你們了解它代表什么意思嗎?
what the premise is behind it?
它有什么前提條件呢?
I know it's on the board. Ok?
大家別看黑板
Behavioral interviewing is based on that concept, that if I can get you to talk about
行為面試是基于以下理念,那就是如果我知道了
some recent behaviors under certain circumstances
你最近在某些情況下的表現
you are likely to going to repeat that behavior
那么再發生這種情況
if you are placed in similar circumstances in the future
你還會有相同的行為表現
OK So for those of you who have been in sales
所以那些曾經從事過銷售的人來說
if you were in sales, and you like sales
如果你喜歡銷售
and you are able to articulate that well
如果你能向面試官清楚地傳達這一點
you will probably ring true, right, to that interviewer
那很可能你就找到了正確的方法
But if you are in sales yet you didn't like it
但是如果你身在銷售行業,而你不喜歡
you talk about it
你談到銷售的時候
you talk about every customer was grumpy
你會說,那些顧客啊,脾氣都可差呢
every customer just was horrible
他們真可怕
you hated it
我真討厭這些
You are probably not gonna do well in my sales role
那么你要是在我們這兒干銷售,估計你是干不好
So that's the kind of premise behind it
我們就是基于這種假設
We want to see or hear, excuse me
我們想看到或者聽到
specific examples, specific circumstances and situations
一些具體的例子,具體的情形
And we wanna focus on what have you done
我們的側重點是你做了什么
what did you accomplished
你取得了哪些成績
Rather than what do you hope to do
而不是說你希望做什么
what do you think you are going to be able to do down the road
你覺得自己能做什么
There are certain buzz phrases that come through when you are in this model
在這種面試模型里有些關鍵詞
So if you hearing things like can you tell me about a time...
當你聽到你能告訴我哪次......
can you describe a situation when...
能告訴我們有一種情形......
have you ever been...
你是否曾經......
tell me...
能否告訴我......
these are all your flags, tell me
告訴我,等等,這些都是一些跡象
you are in the middle of a behavioral interviewing model
表明這是個行為面試模型
there is a certain way that you want to be able to answer these questions
要回答這些問題,有一定的技巧
So if there is something you want to walk away from this evening with
要是今晚啊,你沒學到別的
please take this
你一定得記住以下幾點
the STAR system is the most efficient way to answer interview questions
那就是這個STAR體系,它是回答行為面試問題最為有效的方式
when you are in the behavior model
如果你面對的是行為模型面試
STAR stands for
STAR表示
S, the situation
S表示你身處的情形
T, the task at hand
T表示你手上的任務
A, the action that you took
A表示你采取的行動
Your colleagues are out there today
你的同事也在那兒
following to the trap
和你共同面對這個困境
and saying we did this in the group
你也許會說,我們這么做了
we ask the person to do that
我們告訴某人那么做
we were part of bla bla bla
我們都......等等,諸如此類