Dialogue 1
Xiaogao: Well, Jingjing, I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut my stay short here in Beijing.
小高:嗯,京晶,恐怕我不得不提前離開北京了。
Jingjing: What? You mean you're gonna split? Why? I thought you liked it here?
京晶:什么?你的意思是你要走啦?為什么呢?我還以為你喜歡這里呢?
Xiaogao: Don't worry, I'll be back. I'm just going home to straighten out my visa.
小高:別擔心,我會回來的。我只是要回去解決我的簽證問題。
Jingjing: Oh, okay, phew! Well, when are you coming back?
京晶:那還好,哎呀,你嚇死我了!那你什么時候回來?
Xiaogao: Probably in a month or so. But I have to leave soon. My visa expires in a couple of days so it's a race against the clock to get back home as soon as possible.
小高:大概一個月左右。但是,我必須盡快離開。我的簽證再過幾天就到期了,所以我得和時間賽跑, 盡快回家。
Jingjing: Oh, I see. Well, when you come back hopefully you'll have all the time in the world. It's no fun being pressed for time. Hey, do you have anyone that will send you to the airport?
京晶:哦,我明白了。好吧,希望你回來的時候一切都解決好了。這么緊迫實在太痛苦了。對了,有沒有人送你去機場?
Xiaogao: No, I was gonna take a cab there. Unless…
小高:沒有,我本來打算坐出租車的。除非……
Jingjing: Of course I'll take you! You know you don't have to ask that!
京晶:我當然要去送你啦!這還用問嗎!
Xiaogao: Really? You're the greatest!
小高:真的嗎?你太偉大啦!
Jingjing: I know I am! What time does your flight leave?
京晶:我也這么認為的,哈哈!你的航班幾點起飛?
Xiaogao: Nine in the morning, do you think you can handle that?
小高:早上9點,你來得及嗎?
Jingjing: I'll be at your place at 6:00 on the dot. See you then!
京晶:我會在6點整到你家的。到時候見!
Xiaogao: Okay, see ya!
小高:好,到時見!
New words for dialogue:
cut something short=早于預期停止做某事
split 離開
straighten out (something)=解決……問題
visa=簽證
Phew!=語氣詞,指松了一口氣。
race against the clock=分秒必爭,指著急
have all the time in the world=有大量的時間; 指不必擔心或有壓力
pressed for time=時間緊迫,著急
What time does your flight leave?=(固定的詢問方式)某人的航班幾點起飛。
on the dot==(幾點) 整(只能用在整點, 如7:00 on the dot,不能說7:15 on the dot)
Dialogue 2
Xiaogao: I must say, Jingjing. I have to take my hat off for you, you said you'd be at my place at 6:00 sharp and you were. I really appreciate it!
小高:我必須說,京晶。我得脫帽向你致敬,你說你會在6點整準時到我家,你真的做到了。我真的很感激!
Jingjing: No problem, you know I always keep my word. Well, right now it's only 7:00. You still have some time to kill before your plane leaves.
京晶:沒什么啦,你知道我一向說話算話的。我看一下,現在剛7點。離你起飛還有一段時間呢。
Xiaogao: Okay, let's go get a cup of coffee. It's my treat. (Xiaogao saysto the coffee shop worker) Two cups of coffee please.
小高:嗯,我們去喝杯咖啡吧。我請客。(小高對咖啡廳店員說)請來兩杯咖啡。
Jingjing: Wow! This coffee is so strong! It just about knocked my socks off! I don't usually drink coffee this early in the morning.
京晶:哇!這咖啡這么濃啊!太刺激了!我通常不會這么早喝咖啡。
Xiaogao: Yeah, this is some good stuff. You know, Jingjing, I'm really gonna miss you.
小高:是的,這是好東西。你知道,京晶,我一定會想你的。
Jingjing: Now is not the time to get all emotional. Here, I brought you a going away gift.
京晶:現在還不是催淚的時候。看,我給你帶了一個告別禮物。
Xiaogao: A gift? Why did you do that?
小高:禮物?你為什么送我禮物?
Jingjing: It's common for Chinese to give a gift when someone is coming or going. You didn't know?
京晶:這在中國很常見的,當有人回來或離開的時候會送他禮物。你不知道嗎?
Xiaogao: No, I didn't. That's so nice of you. Can I open it?
小高:不知道。你真好。我可以打開嗎?
Jingjing: Be my guest.
京晶:當然。
Xiaogao: Cool! A new watch! I needed a new one!
小高:太酷了!一只新手表!我正需要一個新的!
Jingjing: I'm glad you like it.
京晶:我很高興你喜歡它。
Xiaogao: (The loud speaker at the airport says Now boarding flight1423 to Detroit.) That's my flight. I gotta bounce. Thanks for everything,Jingjing. I'll see you when I get back.
小高:(機場廣播:飛往底特律的1423航班的乘客現在請您登機。)這是我的航班。我得走啦。謝謝你做的一切,京晶。等我回來見。
Jingjing: Take care, Xiaogao!
京晶:保重,小高!
New words for dialogue:
take one's hat off for someone=為某人把帽子摘下,指佩服某人
sharp=(幾點)整(只能用在整點, 如7:00 sharp,不能說7:15 sharp)
keep one's word=說到做到
have some time to kill=有空閑時間來消磨
knock one's socks off=(通常指口味或氣味)非常濃烈。例如,一杯二鍋頭會“knock your socks off”。
Be my guest.=請便。
bounce 離開