Dialogue
Mark: Hey! Long time no see! Thanks so much for picking me up!
馬克:嘿!好久不見!非常感謝你來接我!
Jingjing: No problem! Your plane was a little late coming in. You must be beat!
京晶:客氣什么!你的飛機晚點了一會兒,你一定累了吧!
Mark: I'm fine, I chugged a bunch of coffee on the plane, so now I'm wired.
馬克:我沒事,我在飛機上灌了很多咖啡,所以現在特別精神。
Jingjing: So? How was your trip? Tell me all about it.
京晶:你的旅途怎么樣?好好給我講講。
Mark: I had a great time. It was really nice to see my family. I just wish that I could have stayed a little longer.
馬克:非常好。我真的很高興能見到我的家人。我只希望我能留久一點就好了。
Jingjing: Well, you know what they say:all good things must come to an end. You should just be happy that you even got to go on vacation at all. I've been working here the past month, lucky you!
京晶:嗯,你知道人們經常說的:一切美好的事物都會有盡頭。你應該高興的是,你至少還能回去度個假。我這一個月來一直在工作,你夠幸運的啦!
Mark: That's true! Oh, I almost forgot, I got a present for you while I was in America. Here you go, hope you like it!
馬克:這倒是真的!哦,我差點兒忘了,我從美國給你帶了一個禮物。給,希望你喜歡!
Jingjing: Thanks… but what is it?
京晶:謝謝……但這是什么?
Mark: It's a voodoo doll.
馬克:這是一個巫毒娃娃。
Jingjing: A what doll?
京晶:一個什么娃娃?
Mark: A voodoo doll. I bought it in New Orleans where voodoo is heavily practiced. This doll will bring you luck and protection. I hope it works!
馬克:一個巫毒娃娃。我在新奧爾良買的,那里巫術很盛行。這個娃娃會給你帶來好運和保護。我希望它真的能起作用!
Jingjing: Cool, I love it! I hope you didn't spend too much money on it?
京晶:酷,我喜歡!你沒有花太多錢吧?
Mark: Nah, in New Orleans they're a dime a dozen.
馬克:沒有,在新奧爾良它們很不值錢。
Jingjing: Okay, that's good. Let's hit the road now. We should get back home before the sun goes down.
京晶:好吧,那就好。我們走吧。我們應該趕在太陽下山之前回家。
Mark: Let's go.
馬克:好的。
New words for dialogue:
beat=累; 筋疲力盡的
chug (a drink)=灌(飲料),指很快喝完某種飲料沒有停下來休息過,一飲而盡
wired=\[形容詞\]相其興奮的
All good things must come to an end.=一切美好的事物都會有盡頭,天下無不散的筵席。
voodoo doll=巫毒娃娃,起源于路易斯安那州新奧爾良市,給持有者帶來積極的影響,如愛情、財富、好運和健康。
a dime a dozen=常見而便宜的東西
hit the road=離開;出發
Dialogue
(Jingjing and Mark have arrived at Mark's house.)
(京晶和馬克已經到了馬克家。)
Mark: Well, we finally made it.Thanks again for the ride, Jingjing.
馬克:哦,我們終于到了。再次感謝你來接我,京晶。
Jingjing: Don't mention it.
京晶:別客氣啦。
Mark: By the way, can I give you some gas money?
馬克:對了,我付你一些油錢吧?
Jingjing: Don't worry about it. Just take me to the airport next month when I go to see my parents and we'll be even.
京晶:不用啦。我下個月要回家看我父母,去機場時你送我就好啦,那樣我們就扯平啦。
Mark: Okay, cool. Hey, why don't you come in and drink a glass of lemonade with me before you go home? It's the least I could do for you.
馬克:好吧。嘿,不如你進來喝一杯檸檬水再回家吧?讓我至少為你做點兒事。
Jingjing: That sounds like it will hit the spot! It seems like this heat wave will never end! Hey, while we're at it how about we watch a DVD too?
京晶:正合我意!天氣也太熱了,感覺這股熱浪好像永遠不會結束了似的!嘿,我們一邊喝檸檬汁,一邊看個DVD怎么樣?
Mark: I'd love to, but I have to wake up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to go to work.
馬克:我也想,但明天一大早我就要去工作。
Jingjing: Really? Geez, I never knew you were such an early bird.
京晶:真的嗎?天啊,我從來不知道你是個早鳥。
Mark: Yup… Don't you wake up early to go to work too?
馬克:是啊……你不用早起去上班嗎?
Jingjing: Not as early as you. I'm more of a night owl. I like staying up late and working on my computer.
京晶:沒有你早。我其實是個夜貓子。我喜歡熬夜在我的電腦上工作。
Mark: Oh… Well, let's go inside and get that ice cold glass of lemonade that's waiting for us!
馬克:哦……好吧,我們趕緊進去吧,冰冰爽爽的檸檬水在等著我們呢!
Jingjing: Good idea!
京晶:好主意!
New words for dialogue:
beat=累; 筋疲力盡的
chug (a drink)=灌(飲料),指很快喝完某種飲料沒有停下來休息過,一飲而盡
wired=\[形容詞\]相其興奮的
All good things must come to an end.=一切美好的事物都會有盡頭,天下無不散的筵席。
voodoo doll=巫毒娃娃,起源于路易斯安那州新奧爾良市,給持有者帶來積極的影響,如愛情、財富、好運和健康。
a dime a dozen=常見而便宜的東西
hit the road=離開;出發