You’ve had a variety of new things come up over the past year.
去年你們作了很多新的開發。
What do you like the most?
您最喜歡的是什么?
I’m really excited about our self-serve AdSense.
自助廣告業務的開通真的讓我很興奮。
I think this is changing webmasters’lives.
我想這正在改變網絡管理人員的生活。
They can make money on something that was a hobby, and they don’t have to do weird search deals.
他們可以用自己的愛好賺錢,并且不需要做各種奇怪的搜索生意。
I’m hoping that it can help spur the next generation of content development on the Web.
我希望這可以激勵下一代網站內容的開發。
You can’t do a good job of search unless what you’re looking for is out there.
除非你想要找的東西是公開的,否則你無法把搜索工作做得很出色。
Is Google a technology company or a media company?
谷歌是一個技術公司還是傳媒公司?
Google has an important technology component.
谷歌有一個很重要的技術組成部分。
But we also care about the utility of the technology and for our advertising network and publishers.
但我們同樣關心技術的應用,以及廣告網絡和出版商。
So, I think we’re a technology company that applies technology to media.
因此,我認為谷歌是一個致力于將技術應用于傳媒的技術公司。
Are there any circumstances in which Google might buy Microsoft? Or, the opposite?
谷歌是否有可能會收購微軟?或者被微軟收購?
I think there are a lot of liabilities in acquiring Microsoft.
我認為要收購微軟我們會欠下很多債務。
Over time, there have been a number of companies that have approached us.
長期以來,已經有很多公司與我們進行洽談。
We’ve always said ‘no’thus far.
至今我們一直都在拒絕。
We think our company has a lot of promise.
我們認為谷歌很有前途。
We’re pleased with the trajectory that we’re on and so it’s not a very likely thing to happen in my mind.
我們對現在運行的軌道很滿意,所以,在我看來,這是不太可能發生的事。
But it would be silly to discount a serious approach from anyone.
但是,對一次嚴肅認真的洽談不作考慮,是很愚蠢的行為。
What do you do to go beyond links as a way of improving results?
你們如何超載鏈接以完善搜索結果?
There are completely new ranking technologies that we are working on.
我們現在正在開發全新的排名技術。
We try about a half-dozen a month and launch on a limited test basis.
我們一個月作6次嘗試并在一個受限制的測試平臺上發布。
We fundamentally work with all of the world’s knowledge.
我們的工作基本上涉及到世界上所有的知識。
There are just different ways to approach that.
有很多不同的方式對它們進行了解。
There are many, many things you can do, and we’re not going to exhaust them any time soon.
你可以做的事情有很多很多,我們不會很快將他們做完。
Over time, our searches will only get better.
隨著時間的推移,我們的搜索只會越來越好。
Will you ever consider supporting paid inclusion?
你們會考慮接受贊助商付費排名嗎?
You want to keep any kind of payment separate from organic search results.
要把任何付費贊助與原始搜索結果分開。
I think it’s important to distinguish those things.
我認為這些東西一定要區分開來,這很重要。
What do you think remains largely unknown about Google?
你覺得谷歌在哪些方面仍需要提高知名度?
The tilde operator.
模糊檢索。
A new search command that enables users to search not only for a particular keyword, but also for its synonyms.
我們有一個新的搜索命令,讓用戶不僅可以對關鍵詞進行搜索,而且也支持近義詞檢索。
This is accomplished by placing a character directly in front of the keyword in the search box.
用戶只需在搜索欄中輸入的關鍵詞前邊加上一個波浪線符號就可實現。
The calculator, which enables users to solve mathematic problems by entering numeric expressions into the google.com or the Google Toolbar search boxes.
還有計算器,用戶可以在谷歌主頁或谷歌搜索欄中輸入數學表達式,系統就會解決數學問題。
Could you briefly tell us something about yourself and how you came to work at Google?
能不能簡要地給大家介紹一下您自己以及怎么到谷歌來工作的?
I was born in Moscow and came to the United States at the age of six.
我出生在莫斯科,6歲的時候來到了美國。
I grew up in Maryland, then went to the computer science program at Stanford.
我在馬里蘭長大,后來,從1993年開始我攻讀斯坦福大學的計算機科學專業。
I started there in 1993,where I worked on data mining,
我在那兒做數據開發,基本上是對大量的數據進行分析,
which basically involves analyzing vast amounts of data to find interesting correlations and patterns.
并從中找到有趣的相互關系和形式。
Then Larry joined in 1995,
1995年拉里加入,和我一起工作。
He started downloading the Web and we analyzed its link structure.
他開始下載網頁,我們一起對鏈接結構進行分析。
We’ve worked together from then on.
從那時起我們就在一起共事了。