日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 實戰英語聽力 > 創業成功人士訪談錄 > 正文

創業成功人士訪談錄(MP3+中英字幕) 第9期:比爾蓋茨(3)

來源:可可英語 編輯:shaun ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手機掃描二維碼查看全部內容

創業成功人士訪談錄(MP3+中英字幕) 第7期:比爾蓋茨

Clearly, your extracurricular activity was probably more important in your later development than what you did in class,

顯然,與課上學到的知識相比,你課外的這些活動對日后的發展更有幫助,

or at least equal important.

至少是一樣重要的。

How do you feel as we look at problems in education,

現在的教育中也存在一些問題,

that students that are coming up interested in technical things should balance those.

很多學生對技術方面的東西更感興趣,認為應將其與課堂上的知識平衡,你對此怎么看?

Do you think it is important to explore things on your own at that age?

你覺得自我探索對于那個年齡段的 人來說很重要嗎?

Self-exploration is great,

自我探索很重要,

because you develop a sense of self-confidence and an identity of “Hey, I know this pretty well.

因為在這個過程中你可以培養自信心和一種我認同:“嘿,我很擅長這個。

I know this better than the teachers.

對于這個問題我比老師懂得還多。

Let me try and see if I can understand at the next level.

我要試試我是不是可以做得更進一步。

Maybe I’m pretty good at this stuff.”

或許我有這方面的天賦?!?/p>

And particularly with the computer where if your program is wrong,

對于計算機來講,如果你的程序出現了錯誤,

you know you try it and if it doesn’t work and then you fix it and try it again.

你嘗試了之后就會發現是哪里錯了,為什么不能正常運行, 然后你就可以進行修復,再運行。

It is kind of a feedback loop,which because the classroom has a lot of people,

這就類似于一個反饋的過程,一個教室里有很多人,

and maybe there is not a subject that you think you are good at or interested at.

或許你對任何一門科目都不擅長,或是不感興趣。

It is just fascinating to try and figure out the computer.

只有計算機才對你充滿吸引力。

I remember at Computer Center Corporation they had hired in some of the great people of early computer days,

我記得在計 算機中心股份公司的時候,他們雇用了早期一些很有名的人,

including Bob Gruen, Dick Russell, a guy named Weir who was a Stanford guy.

包括鮑博 格倫,迪克羅素,還有一個斯坦福大學的威爾。

Anyway,these guys would kind of loan us deep manuals on the system, just for a few hours and then take them away.

總而言之,這些人只把系統的詳細操作手冊借給我們看幾個小時,然后便拿走了。

So, we’d spend those few hours just reading carefully.

因此,這幾個小時,我們就仔細地讀。

It was so exciting to get a little glimpse and beginning to figure out how computers were built,

這驚鴻一瞥很讓人興奮,看了這些知識讓我們知道了計算機是如何建立起來的,

and why they were expensive.

為什么那么貴。

I certainly think that having some dimension, when you’re young,

當然,我認為年輕人跟其他人相比,

that you feel a mastery of, versus the other people around you is a very positive thing.

在某方面是有一定的競爭優勢的。

And for me that came in several ways:

于我而言,這體現在很多方面:

the reading I was doing non-computer related,in Math.

我正在做一些與計算機無關的閱讀,數學。

But computers, timewise, for many years was a key center of excitement.

但是,這么多年來,計算機一直是我最感興趣的東西。

We are going to talk a little bit about your transition into Harvard before you got to the Altair.

在談“牛郎星”之前,我們先來 談談你在哈佛大學的經歷。

You mentioned that even though you worked in computing,

你之前提到,即使在計算機行業工作,

that it wasn’t your goal when you went to college.

也并不是你進入大學時的目標。

Do you want to say what your goal was?

可以說說你那時的目標嗎?

That’s right.

是的。

I finished up at TRW, went back, and graduated from Lakeside School.

我結束了在TRW的工作回去之后,從湖濱中學畢業。

I picked out of the schools I’d been accepted to, to go back to Harvard.

我沒有去錄取了我的學校,而是回到了哈佛大學,

They seemed to have a lot of different things.

他們似乎有很多與眾不同的地方。

I knew that if I wanted to be a Lawyer or a Mathematician,

我知道,如果我想做一名律師或者數學家,

Harvard had good courses for these things.

哈佛大學的課程再好不過了。

Once I got there, I thought Economics was pretty interesting.

我一到那兒,就覺得經濟學很有趣。

And I felt that I understood computers well enough,

并且,我覺得自己的計算機已經學得很好了,

that I really didn’t need to hang out with a computer crowd there,

完全不需要和那里的一群人在一起研究,

because they weren’t as interesting.

因為沒什么意思。

I did end up taking a few computer courses.

最終我只選了幾門計算機課程。

But most of what I did was not related to computers.

但是,我所選的大部分與計算機無關。

And meanwhile, Paul Allen, who had worked with me on everything,basically,

同時還有保羅艾倫,我們基本上做什么都在一起,

and who shared this idea that we should go do a company

他建議我們一起創辦一個公司

—he actually tried to convince me after TRW that we should start a company then,

——事實上,離開TRW以后他就這樣說服我,

and try to build PDP-8-like systems around 8080 chips.

希望建立一個像PDP-8—樣包含8080個芯片的系統,大約8080個芯片。

But it just was too vague and my parents wanted me to go back to school.

但那只是一個很模糊的概念,并且我的父母要求我回去上學。

So, I went back there.

所以,我就回去了。

But Paul was there and we were always talking about,

但是,保羅在那兒,我們還經常一起討論:

“Could we stick a lot of microprocessors together to do something powerful?

“我們是不是可以把許多微處理器集中起來讓它的功能更強大?

Could we do a 360 emulator using micro controllers?

我們是不是可以用微控制器做一個360仿真器?

Could we do a time-sharing system where lots of people could dial-in and get consumer information?”

我們能不能做一個分時系統,讓很多用戶可以同時上線并獲取信息? ”

A lot of different ideas.

等很多新奇的想法。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
corporation [.kɔ:pə'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 公司,法人,集團

聯想記憶
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,桿,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,豎起<

 
identity [ai'dentiti]

想一想再看

n. 身份,一致,特征

 
vague [veig]

想一想再看

adj. 模糊的,不明確的,猶豫不決的,茫然的

聯想記憶
loan [ləun]

想一想再看

n. 貸款,借出,債權人
v. 借,供應貨款,

 
dimension [di'menʃən]

想一想再看

n. 尺寸,次元,容積,維度,范圍,方面
vt

聯想記憶
convince [kən'vins]

想一想再看

vt. 使確信,使信服,說服

聯想記憶
technical ['teknikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 技術的,工藝的

 
mastery ['mæstəri]

想一想再看

n. 精通,掌握,熟練

聯想記憶
explore [iks'plɔ:]

想一想再看

v. 探險,探測,探究

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 《摧花狂魔》电影| 武林外传一共多少集| 新亮剑40集免费观看完整版高清| love 电影| 雅马哈调音台说明书| 在线播放你懂| 微信头像大全500张| 爱奴 电影| 无锡电视台| 职业探索怎么写| bbbbbbbbb免费毛片视频| 儿子结婚请帖邀请函电子版| 我的冠军男友在线看全集完整| 少年王演员表全部| 藏文作文| 火辣监狱电影在线观看| 好好说再见| cetv3中国教育电视台直播| 愚人节快乐的英文| 188549.神秘的电影| 搜狐网站官网| 山东教育电视台直播在线观看| 溜冰圆舞曲音乐教案| the bodyguard| 3d怎么玩| 《五十度灰》| 一级片黄色毛片| 严正花电影| 江苏卫视今天节目表| 《水中花》日本电影| 异形舞台动漫免费观看| 韩世雅的全部电影| 爱在西元前简谱| 抗日电影大全免费观看| 假男假女| 祝妈妈生日快乐英文| 小妖怪的夏天| 周秀娜与罗仲谦新婚吻戏合集| 无声真相电影免费观看| 张柏芝演的电视剧| 张俪写真集照片|