1、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。
2、come out
(書或光盤)出版,發行
The book comes out this week.
這本書本周出版。
Christian Slater has a new movie coming out next month in which he plays a vigilante.
克里斯汀·史萊特有一部新片下月發行,他在片中扮演一個治安維持會成員。
(事實)暴露,披露,顯露
The truth is beginning to come out about what happened.
真相開始逐漸浮出水面。
It will come out that she has covertly donated considerable sums to the IRA.
她暗中給愛爾蘭共和軍提供了大筆資助的事情即將曝光。
結果是;到頭來
In this grim little episode of recent American history, few people come out well.
在美國近代史上這一小段陰暗時期,很少有人能有好的結果。
So what makes a good marriage? Faithfulness comes out top of the list.
那么,是什么造就了美滿的婚姻呢?結果表明忠誠是第一位的。