Here we go. OK.
好的,我們來親眼看看吧
I'm back in my truck, and we drove over the Brooklyn Bridge.
回到我剛才提到的卡車,我們把它開到布魯克林大橋
We're coming down, and we bring that truck that you just saw somewhere in here, in the Financial District.
我們一路開往市中心,我們把車開到你剛看到的金融區的某個地方
This is a 10-kiloton bomb, slightly smaller than was used in Hiroshima.
有一個一萬噸級當量的核彈,只比廣島爆炸的那枚核彈小一點
And I want to just conclude this by just giving you some information.
我希望通過下面這個總結提供給大家一些信息,
I think -- "news you could use" kind of concept here.
我想,可以說是一些“實用新聞”
So, first of all, this would be horrific beyond anything we can possibly imagine.
首先,這可能聽上去有些嚇人,這可能超越了我們能夠想象的范圍
This is the ultimate.
這是終極的危險
And if you're in the half-mile radius of where this bomb went off,
如果你位于距離爆炸中心半英里的范圍內
you have a 90 percent chance of not making it.
你面臨的將是九死一生的情況
If you're right where the bomb went off, you will be vaporized.
如果你就位于爆炸中心,你會被汽化,
And that's -- I'm just telling you, this is not good.
而這--我不得不說,非常遺憾
You assume that.
假設
Two-mile radius, you have a 50 percent chance of being killed,
在半徑兩英里的范圍內,你有百分之五十的機會生還
and up to about eight miles away --
如果把范圍擴大到八英里-
now I'm talking about killed instantly --
我現在討論的是立刻死亡的情況-
somewhere between a 10 and 20 percent chance of getting killed.
估計死亡的概率在百分之十到百分之二十之間
The thing about this is that the experience of the nuclear detonation is --
事情是這樣的。關于核彈爆炸,
first of all, tens of millions of degrees Fahrenheit at the core here, where it goes off,
首先,爆炸中心溫度高達數千度,
and an extraordinary amount of energy in the form of heat, acute radiation and blast effects.
并且以極高的熱能,強烈的輻射以及劇烈的爆炸等形式擴散
An enormous hurricane-like wind, and destruction of buildings almost totally, within this yellow circle here.
在這個黃色區域內會產生一股像龍卷風一般的風暴,所有建筑將幾乎被全部摧毀
And what I'm going to focus on, as I come to conclusion here, is that, what happens to you if you're in here?
在這個總結中我要重點強調的是,如果你在這兒,將會發生什么
Well, if we're talking about the old days of an all-out nuclear attack,
如果我們說的是以前所面臨的那種全面核戰爭
you, up here, are as dead as the people here. So it was a moot point.
你,如果站在這兒和黃圈里的人一樣難逃一劫。所以這是一個值得討論的地方
My point now, though, is that there is a lot that we could do for you who are in here,
我現在所講的重點是,如果你身處這個區域內并在最初的爆炸中生還
if you've survived the initial blast.
我有很多可以教你的東西
You have, when the blast goes off -- and by the way, if it ever comes up, don't look at it.
當爆炸過后--順便說一句,如果這些真的發生了,千萬別用肉眼去看
If you look at it, you're going to be blind, either temporarily or permanently.
如果你用肉眼去看,你將會失明,不管是暫時性的還是永久性的
So if there's any way that you can avoid, like, avert your eyes, that would be a good thing.
因此,如果可能避免的話,比如,把目光移開,那將是一個很好的選擇
If you find yourself alive, but you're in the vicinity of a nuclear weapon,
如果你發現自己還活著,但是你處在一個核武器爆炸中心的附近
you have -- that's gone off --
你有--在爆炸發生之后--
you have 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the size and exactly where it went off,
你有10到20分鐘的逃生時間,具體時間取決于爆炸規模以及爆炸地點
to get out of the way before a lethal amount of radiation comes straight down from the mushroom cloud that goes up.
在升起的蘑菇云所帶來的致命的強輻射到來之前逃離那個區域
In that 10 to 15 minutes, all you have to do -- and I mean this seriously --
在這10到15分鐘內,你唯一需要做的--我說真的--
is go about a mile away from the blast.
就是跑一英里遠離爆炸點