Dee next. A dress down to the ground, in this hot weather.
接著我便看見了迪伊。這樣大熱天里,她竟穿著一件拖地長裙。
A dress so loud it hurts my eyes.
裙子的顏色也花哨的耀眼,
There are yel-lows and oranges enough to throw back the light of the sun.
大塊大塊的黃色和橙色,亮得可以反射太陽的光線。
I feel my whole face warming from the heat waves it throws out.
我感到我的整個臉頰都被它射出的熱浪燙的熱烘烘的。
Earrings gold, too, and hanging down to her shoulders.
耳環也是金的,并且直垂到肩膀上。
Bracelets dangling and making noises when she moves her arm up to shake the folds of the dress out of her armpits.
臂上還帶著手鐲,當她舉起胳臂去抖動腋窩部衣服上的皺褶時,臂上的手鐲叮當作響。
The dress is loose and flows, and as she walks closer, I like it.
衣裙長大寬松,迎風飄蕩。當她走近時,我覺得挺好看。
I hear Maggie go Uhnnnh again.
我聽見麥姬又發出呃聲。
It is her sister's hair. It stands straight up like the wool on a sheep.
這次是為她姐姐的發型而發的。
It is black as night and around the edges are two long pigtails that rope about like small lizards disappearing behind her ears.
她姐姐的頭發向羊毛一樣挺得直直的,像黑夜一樣烏黑,邊上扎著兩根長辮子,像兩條小蜥蜴,左盤右繞在耳朵后面。
Wa-su-zo-Tean-o! she says, coming on in that gliding way the dress makes her move.
瓦-蘇-左-提-諾!她一邊說著,一邊拖著長裙步態輕盈飄然而至。
The short stocky fellow with the hair to his navel is all grinning and he follows up with Asalamalakim, my mother and sister!
隨著她的一句阿薩拉馬拉吉姆,我母親和妹妹!那位頭發垂至肚臍眼的矮胖男人也笑著走上前來。
He moves to hug Maggie but she falls back, right up against the back of my chair.
他作勢要擁抱麥姬,但麥姬下的往后退,直到我的椅子背擋住她的退路為止。
I feel her trembling there and when I look up I see the perspiration falling off her chin.
我感覺到她身子在發抖,抬頭一看,只見汗水從她的下巴上直往下滴。
Don't get up, says Dee.
別站起來,迪伊說道。
Since I am stout it takes something of a push.
因為我長的肥胖,站起來頗需費點勁。
You can see me trying to move a second or two before I make it.
你瞧,我身子要挪動挪動才站得起來。
She turns, showing white heels through her sandals, and goes back to the car.
她轉身往汽車方向走回去。我可以透過她穿的涼鞋看到她的白生生的腳后跟。
Out she peeks next with a Polaroid.
接著他拿起一架拍立來照相機瞄過來。