But when it came to their own accomplishments and sense of purpose.
但在他們希望取得的成就和目的面前。
They had no time for excuses.
他們沒有時間找借口。
Every one of you have a grandma or an uncle or a parent who's.
你們每個人都有一位祖母 或叔父 或父母。
Told you that at some point in life, as an African American.
告訴你 在人生的某個階段 作為非裔美國人。
You have to work twice as hard as anyone else if you want to get by.
你需要付出常人兩倍的努力 才能取得成功。
I think president mays put it even better: he said.
我想 梅斯院長說得更好 他說。
"whatever you do.
不管你做什么。
Strive to do it so well that no man living and no man dead.
努力把它做得好到 任何活著或已死的人。
And no man yet to be born can do it any better".
甚至任何尚未出生的人 都無法做得更好的地步。
And I promise you, what was needed in Dr. Mays's time.
我向你們保證 梅斯博士那時所需要的精神。
That spirit of excellence, and hard work, and dedication.
包括追求卓越 努力奮發 勇于獻身。
And no excuses is needed now more than ever.
以及不找借口 在現在都仍然重要。
If you think you can just get over in this economy. Just because you have a Morehouse degree.
如果你們認為在這個社會中。只要有莫爾豪斯的學位就夠了。
You're in for a rude awakening.
那你們就大錯特錯了。
But if you stay hungry, if you keep hustling.
但如果你們能求知若渴 持續奮斗。
If you keep on your grind and get other folks to do the same.
如果你們能繼續將這種精神代代相傳。
Nobody can stop you.
沒人能阻止你們。
And when I talk about pursuing excellence and setting an example.
我講到追求卓越以及樹立榜樣。
I'm not just talking about in your professional life.
指的不只是在職業生活中。
One of today's graduates, Frederick Anderson.
今天的研究生之一 弗雷德里克.安德森。
Where's Frederick?.
弗雷德里克在哪。
Frederick, right here.
弗雷德里克 在這里。