With millions of young people from china and India and brazil.
來自中國 印度 巴西 數以百萬計的年輕人。
Many of whom started with a whole lot less than all of you did.
很多人比你們最初所擁有的還要少很多。
All of them entering the global workforce alongside you.
他們都同你們一同進入到全球勞動力市場。
Nobody is going to give you anything that you have not earned.
沒有人會給你 任何不是你用辛勞掙來的東西。
Nobody cares how tough your upbringing was.
沒人會管你的成長過程有多艱辛。
Nobody cares if you suffered some discrimination.
沒人會管你是否遭受過歧視。
And moreover, you have to remember that whatever you've gone through.
除此之外 你們還應記住 不管你們經歷過什么。
It pales in comparison to the hardships previous generations endured.
這在你們前一代人所經受的困難面前 都不值一提。
And they overcame them.
他們克服了它們。
And if they overcame them, you can overcome them too.
如果他們能夠克服 你們也一樣可以。
You now hail from a lineage and legacy of immeasurably strong men.
你們繼承無數偉人的血脈 他們的強大難以估量。
Men who bore tremendous burdens.
這些人背負著難以想象的沉重負擔。
And still laid the stones for the path on which we now walk.
卻仍然為我們如今所踏過的道路奠定了基石。
You wear the mantle of Frederick Douglass.
你們繼承了弗雷德里克.道格拉斯。
And booker T. Washington.
布克.T.華盛頓。
And ralph Bunche. And Langston Hughes.
拉爾夫.邦奇。蘭斯頓.休斯。
George Washington carver. And Ralph Abernathy. And Thurgood Marshall.
喬治.華盛頓.卡佛。拉爾夫.埃伯納西。瑟古德.馬歇爾。
And, yes, Dr. Martin Luther king, jr..
當然 還有馬丁.路德.金牧師。
These men were many things to many people.
這些人對很多人非常重要。
And they knew full well the role that racism played in their lives.
他們深知種族歧視在他們生命中扮演的角色。