But here I'm being told that the piece of music is very quick.
但是到這里,讓我看一下,這段音樂節奏很快。
I'm being told where to play on the drum.
根據樂譜,我知道該敲哪里。
I'm being told which part of the stick to use.
該用鼓棒的哪一部分演奏。
And I'm being told the dynamic.
該用怎樣的強弱力度。
And I'm also being told that the drum is without snares.
我發現這個小軍鼓響弦是放下的。
Snares on, snares off.
鎖上響弦,放下響弦。
So therefore, if I translate this piece of music, we have this idea.
因此,如果我把從樂譜上所讀到的東西轉移到樂器上,會是這種感覺。
And so on. My career would probably last about five years.
諸如此類。 我的職業很有可能只能持續五年左右。
However, what I have to do as a musician is do everything that is not on the music.
但是 作為音樂家,我所做的一切卻與音樂沒有半點關系。
Everything that there isn't time to learn from a teacher,
來不及向老師學習的事,
or to talk about, even, from a teacher.
甚至是無法與老師談及的事。
But it's the things that you notice when you're not actually with your instrument hat in fact become so interesting, and that you want to explore through this tiny, tiny surface of a drum.
但這是當你并不和你的樂器在一起時,你會發現的事事實上變得很有趣,接著你想探索通過這個很小小的鼓面。