So one thing that founders forget is that after they ah, after that they hire employees,
創業者在招了人之后,容易忘記的一件事就是
they have to retain them.
得留住他們
I'm not gonna go into a huge amount of detail here,
我在這里不會講的特別細
cuz we're gonna have a full lecture on this later.
因為之后對此有專門一節課
Um, but I do wanna talk about it a little bit.
但我還是想談一點
Because founders get this wrong so often.
因為在這方面創業者經常出錯
Um,you have to make sure that your employees are happy and feel valued
你得確定你的員工高興并感覺自己得到重視
This is one of the reasons that big equity grants are important.
這就是股份授予是很重要的原因之一
Um, people in the excitement of joining a startup don't think about it much.
員工加入新公司時會感到很興奮,沒有想太多
But if they come in day after day, year after year,
但如果他們在日復一日,年復一年的工作后
um if they feel like they've been treated unfairly,
覺得自己沒有得到公正的對待
that will really start to grate on them, uh, and resentment will build.
這將惹惱他們,他們就會怨恨

But more than that, learning just a little bit of management skill,
此外,創業者得學點管理技巧
which first time CEOs are usually terrible at, uh, goes a long way.
沒有管理技巧的初次創業者通常都不能走很遠
Um, one of the speakers at YC this summer, uh, who, who is not extremely successful.
今年夏天在YC做過一次報告的一位創業者,他的創業道路并非一帆風順
But struggled early on and had his team turn over a few times.
他在早期很掙扎,團隊土崩瓦解了好幾次
Someone asked him what his biggest learning was.
有人問他他最大的收獲是什么
And he said that it turns out you shouldn't tell your employees they're fucking up every day
他說是,你不應該告訴你的員工他們每天都做得糟糕
unless you'd like them all to leave because they will.
除非你想他們都離開,因為他們確實會的
Um, but as a founder this is, this like very natural instinct, right?
但作為一個創業者,這是很自然的事,對吧
You think you can do everything the best?
你覺得你可以做好每件事
And, it's easy to tell people when they're not doing it well.
我們很容易在別人做的不好的時候告訴他們
So, learning just a little bit here will prevent this like massive team churn.
所以,學會管理技巧可以避免類似的問題
It also doesn't come naturally to most founders to really praise their team.
同樣,對大多數創業者而言稱贊自己的團隊并非一件自然的事情
Um, it took me a while to learn this too.
我也花了一些時間才學到這一點
You have to let your team get all the credit for everything good that happens,
你必須讓你的團隊因每件好事得到稱贊
and you take responsibility for the bad stuff.
但你要為不好的事情負責
You have to not micromanage.
你不能管得太細
You have to like continually give people new areas of responsibility.
你要不斷地讓人們承擔新的責任
These are not the things that most founders think about.
這并不是大多數創業者考慮的事情
Um, I think the best thing you can do is be aware that as a first time founder,
能意識到,自己作為初次創業者
you are likely to be a very bad manager and try to overcompensate for that.
可能會是一位糟糕的管理者,也可能會矯枉過正,就很不錯了