Is it thy will thy image should keep open
你是否故意用影子使我垂垂
My heavy eyelids to the weary night?
欲閉的眼睛睜向厭厭的長夜?
Dost thou desire my slumbers should be broken,
你是否要我輾轉反側不成寐,
While shadows like to thee do mock my sight?
用你的影子來玩弄我的視野?
Is it thy spirit that thou send'st from thee
那可是從你那里派來的靈魂
So far from home into my deeds to pry,
遠離了家園,來刺探我的行為,
To find out shames and idle hours in me,
來找我的荒廢和恥辱的時辰,
The scope and tenor of thy jealousy?
和執行你的妒忌的職權和范圍?
O, no! thy love, though much, is not so great:
不呀!你的愛,雖多,并不那么大:
It is my love that keeps mine eye awake;
是我的愛使我張開我的眼睛,
Mine own true love that doth my rest defeat,
是我的真情把我的睡眠打垮,
To play the watchman ever for thy sake:
為你的緣故一夜守候到天明!
For thee watch I whilst thou dost wake elsewhere,
我為你守夜,而你在別處清醒,
From me far off, with others all too near.
遠遠背著我,和別人卻太靠近。