For just as love is my weapon to open the hearts of men,
愛是我打開人們心扉的鑰匙,
love is also my shield to repulse the arrows of hate and the spears of anger.
也是我抵擋仇恨之箭與憤怒之矛的盾牌。
Adversity and discouragement will beat against my new shield and become as the softest of rains.
愛使挫折變得如春雨般溫和,
My shield will protect me in the market place and sustain me when I am alone.
它是我商場上的護身符:孤獨時,給我支持;
It will uplift me in moments of despair
絕望時,使我振作;
yet it will calm me in time of exultation.
狂喜時,讓我平靜。
It will become stronger and more protective with use until one day
這種愛心會一天天加強,越發又有保護力,
I will cast it aside and walk unencumbered among all manners of men
直到有一天,我可以自然地面對蕓蕓眾生,
and, when I do, my name will be raised high on the pyramid of life.
處之泰然。
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的愛來迎接今天。
And how will I confront each whom I meet?
我該怎樣面對遇到的每一個人呢?
In only one way.
只有一種辦法,
In silence and to myself I will address him and say
我要在心里默默地為他祝福。
I Love You. Though spoken in silence these words will shine in my eyes,
這無言的愛會閃現在我的眼神里,
un-wrinkle my brow,
流露在我的眉宇間,
bring a smile to my lips,
讓我嘴角掛上微笑,
and echo in my voice;
在我的聲音里響起共鳴。
and his heart will be opened.
在這無奈的愛意里,
And who is there who will say nay to my goods when his heart feels my love?
他的心扉問我敞開入他不再拒絕我推銷的貨物。
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的愛來迎接今天。
And most of all
最主要的,
I will love myself.
我要愛自己。
For when I do
只有這樣,
I will zealously inspect all things which enter my body,
我才會認真檢查進入我的身體,
my mind, my soul, and my heart.
思想,精神,頭腦,靈魂,心懷的一切東西。
Never will I overindulge the requests of my flesh,
我絕不放縱肉體的需求,
rather I will cherish my body with cleanliness and moderation.
我要用清潔與節制來珍惜我的身體。
Never will I allow my mind to be attracted to evil and despair,
我絕不讓頭腦受到邪惡與絕望的引誘,
rather I will uplift it with the knowledge and wisdom of the ages.
我要用智慧和知識使之升華。
Never will I allow my soul to become complacent and satisfied,
我絕不讓靈魂陷入自滿的狀態,
rather I will feed it with meditation and prayer.
我要用沉思和祈禱來滋潤它。
Never will I allow my heart to become small and bitter,
我絕不讓心懷狹窄,
rather I will share it and it will grow and warm the earth.
我要與人分享,使它成長,溫暖整個世界。
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的愛來迎接今天。
Henceforth will I love all mankind.
從今往后,我要愛所有的人。
From tills moment all hate is let from my veins
仇恨將從我的血管中流走。
for I have not time to hate, only time to love.
我沒有時間去恨,只有時間去愛。
From this moment I take the first step required to become a man among men.
現在,我邁出成為一個優秀的人的第一步。
With love I will increase my sales a hundredfold
有了愛,
and become a great salesman.
我將成為偉大的推銷員,
If I have no other qualities
即使才疏智短,
I can succeed with love alone.
也能以愛心獲得成功;
Without it I will fail
相反地,如果沒有愛,
though I possess all the knowledge and skills of the world.
即使博學多識,也終將失敗。
I will greet this day with love,
我要用全身心的愛來迎接今天。
and I will succeed.
最終成功。