The Scroll Marked 4
羊皮卷之四
I am nature's greatest miracle.
我是自然界最偉大的奇跡。
Since the beginning of time
自從上帝創造了天地萬物以來,
never has there been another with my mind,
沒有一個人和我一樣,我的頭腦、
my heart, my eyes, my ears, my hands, my hair, my mouth.
心靈、眼睛、耳朵、雙手、頭發、嘴唇都是與眾不同的。
None that came before, none that live today,
言談舉止和我完全一樣的人以前沒有,
and none that come tomorrow can walk
現在沒有,
and talk and move and think exactly like me.
以后也不會有。
All men are my brothers yet I am different from each.
雖然四海之內皆兄弟,然而人人各異。
I am a unique creature.
我是獨一無二的造化。
I am nature's greatest miracle.
我是自然界最偉大的奇跡。
Although I am of the animal kingdom, animal rewards alone will not satisfy me.
我不可能像動物一樣容易滿足,
Within me burns a flame which has been passed from generations uncounted
我心中燃燒著代代相傳的火焰,
and its heat is a constant irritation to my spirit
它激勵我超越自己,
to become better than I am, and I will.
我要使這團火燃得更旺,
I will fan this flame of dissatisfaction and proclaim my uniqueness to the world.
向世界宣布我的出類拔萃。
None can duplicate my brush strokes,
沒有人能模仿我的字跡
none can make my chisel marks,
我的商標,
none can duplicate my handwriting,
我的筆跡,
none can produce my child,
我的成果,
and, in truth, none has the ability to sell exactly as I.
我的推銷能力。
Henceforth, I will capitalize on this difference
從今往后,我要使自己的個性充分發展,
for it is an asset to be promoted to the fullest.
因為這是我得以成功的一大資本。
I am nature's greatest miracle.
我是自然界最偉大的奇跡。
Vain attempts to imitate others no longer will I make.
我不再徒勞地模仿別人,
Instead will I place my uniqueness on display in the market place.
而要展示自己的個性。
I will proclaim it, yea, I will sell it.
我不但要宣揚它,還要推銷它。
I will begin now to accent my differences;
我要學會去同存異,強調自己與眾不同之處,
hide my similarities.
回避人所共有的通性,
So too will I apply this principle to the goods I sell.
并且要把這種原則運用到商品上。
Salesman and goods, different from all others,
推銷員和貨物,兩者皆獨樹一幟,
and proud of the difference.
我為此而自豪。
I am a unique creature of nature.
我是獨一無二的奇跡。
I am rare, and there is value in all rarity;
物以稀為貴。我獨行特立,
there-fore, I am valuable.
因而身價百倍。
I am the end product of thousands of years of evolution;
我是千萬年進化的終端產物,
therefore, I am better equipped in both mind and body than all the emperors and wise men who preceded me.
頭腦和身體都超過以往的帝王與智者。
But my skills, my mind, my heart, and my body will stagnate,
但是,我的技藝,我的頭腦,我的心靈,我的身體,若不善加利用,
rot, and die lest I put them to good use.
都將隨著時間的流逝而遲鈍,腐朽,甚至死亡。
I have unlimited potential
我的潛力無窮無盡,
Only a small portion of my brain do I employ; only a paltry amount of my muscles do I flex.
腦力、體能稍加開發,
A hundredfold or more can I increase my accomplishments of yesterday
就能超過以往的任何成就。
and this I will do, beginning today.
從今天開始。我就要開發潛力。
Nevermore will I be satisfied with yesterday's accomplishments
我不再因昨日的成績沾沾自喜,
nor will I indulge, anymore, in self-praise
不再為微不足道的成績目吹自擂。
for deeds which in reality are too small to even acknowledge.
我能做的比已經完成的更好。
I can accomplish far more than I have, and I will, for why should the miracle which produced me end with my birth?
我的出生并非最后一樣奇跡,
Why can I not extend that miracle to my deeds of today?
為什么自己不能再創奇跡呢?
I am nature's greatest miracle.
我是自然界最偉大的奇跡。
I am not on this earth by chance.
我不是隨意來到這個世上的。
I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain,
我生來應為高山。
not to shrink to a grain of sand.
而非草芥。
Hence forth will I apply all my efforts to become the highest mountain of all
從今往后,我要竭盡全力成為群峰之巔。
and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.
將我的潛能發揮到最大限度.
I will increase my knowledge of mankind, myself, and the goods I sell,
我要吸取前人的經驗,了解自己以及手中的貨物,
thus my sales will multiply.
這樣才能成倍地增加銷量。