The Scroll Marked
5羊皮卷之五
I will live this day as if it is my last.
假如今天是我生命中的最后一天。
And what shall I do with this last precious day which remains in my keeping?
我要如何利用這最后、最寶貴的一天呢?
First, I will seal up its container of life
首先,我要把一天的時間珍藏好,
so that not one drop spills itself upon the sand.
不讓一分一秒的時間滴漏。
I will waste not a moment mourning yesterday's misfortunes, yesterday's defeats,
我不為昨日的不幸嘆息,
yesterday's aches of the heart,
過去的已夠不幸,
for why should I throw good after bad?
不要再賠上今日的運道。
Can sand flow upward in the hour glass?
時光會倒流嗎?
Will the sun rise where it sets and set where it rises?
太陽會西升東落嗎?
Can I relive the errors of yesterday and right them?
我可以糾正昨天的錯誤嗎?
Can I call back yesterdays wounds and make them whole?
我能撫平昨日的創傷嗎?
Can I become younger than yesterday?
我能比昨天年輕嗎?
Can I take back the evil that was spoken,
一句出口的惡言,
the blows that were struck,
一記揮出的拳頭,
the pain that was caused?
一切造成的傷痛,能收回嗎?
No. Yesterday is buried forever
不能!過去的永遠過去了,
and I will think of it no more.
我不再去想它。
I will live this day as if it is my last.
假如今天是我生命中的最后一天。
And what then shall I do?
我該怎么辦?
Forgetting yesterday neither will I think of tomorrow.
忘記昨天,也不要癡想明天。
Why should I throw now after maybe?
明天是一個未知數,為什么要把今天的精力浪費在未知的事上?
Can tomorrows sand flow through the glass before today's?
想著明天的種種,今天的時光也白白流逝了。
Will the sun rise twice this morning?
企盼今早的太陽再次升起,太陽已經落山。
Can I perform tomorrow's deeds while standing in today's path?
走在今天的路上,能做明天的事嗎?
Can I place tomorrow's gold in today's purse?
我能把明天的金幣放進今天的錢袋里嗎?
Can tomorrow's child be born today?
明日瓜熟,今日能蒂落嗎?
Can tomorrow's death cast its shadow backward and darken today's joy?
明天的死亡能將今天的歡樂蒙上陰影嗎?
Should I concern myself over events which I may never witness?
能一直擔心自己從來不曾目睹過的事情嗎?
Should I torment myself with problems that may never come to pass?
我能杞人憂天嗎?
No! Tomorrow lies buried with yesterday, and I will think of it no more.
明天和明天一樣被我埋葬。我不再想它。
I will live this day as if it is my last.
今天是我生命中的最后一天.
This day is all I have and these hours are now my eternity.
這是我僅有的一天,是現實的永恒。
I greet this sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who is reprieved from death.
我像被赦免死刑的囚犯,用喜悅的淚水擁抱新生的太陽。
I lift mine arms with thanks for this priceless gift of a new day.
我舉起雙手,感謝這無與倫比的一天。
So too, I will beat upon my heart with gratitude as I consider all who greeted yesterday's sunrise
當我想到昨天和我一起迎接日出的朋友,
who are no longer with the living today.
今天已不復存在時,我為自己的幸存,感激上蒼。
I am indeed a fortunate man
我是無比幸運的人,
and today's hours are but a bonus, undeserved.
今天的時光是額外的獎賞。
Why have I been allowed to live this extra day when others, far better than I have departed?
許多強者都先我而去,為什么我得到這額外的一天?
Is it that they have accomplished their purpose
是不是因為他們已大功告成,
while mine is yet to be achieved?
而我尚在途中跋涉?
Is this another opportunity for me to become the man I know I can be?
如果這樣,這是不是成就我的一次機會,讓我功德圓滿?
Is there a purpose in nature?
造物主的安排是否別具匠心?
Is this my day to excel?
今天是不是我超越他人的機會?
I will live this day as if it is my last.
今天是我生命中的最后一天。
I have but one life
生命只有一次,
and life is naught but a measurement of time.
而人生也不過是時間的累積。
When I waste one I destroy the other.
我若讓今天的時光白白流逝,
If I waste today I destroy the last page of my life.
就等于毀掉入生最后一頁。
Therefore, each hour of this day will I cherish for it can never return.
因此,我珍惜今天的一分一秒,因為它們將一去不復返。
It cannot be banked today to be withdrawn on the morrow, for who can trap the wind?
我無法把今天存入銀行,明天再來取用。
Each minute of this day will I grasp with both hands
時間像風一樣不可捕捉。
and fondle with love for its value is beyond price.
每一分一秒,我要用雙手捧住,用愛心撫摸,因為它們如此寶貴。