The Scroll Marked
6羊皮卷之六
Today I will be master of my emotions.
今天我學會控制情緒。
The tides advance; the tides recede.
潮起潮落,
Winter goes and summer comes.
冬去春來,
Summer wanes and the cold increases.
夏末秋至,
The sun rises; the sun sets.
日出日落,
The moon is full;the moon is black.
月圓月缺,
The birds arrive; tie birds depart.
雁來雁往,
Flowers bloom;flowers fade.
花飛花謝,
Seeds are sown; harvests are reaped.
草長瓜熟,
All nature is a circle of moods
自然界萬物都在循環往復的變化中,
and I am a part of nature and so, like the tides,
我也不例外,
my moods will rise; my moods will fall.
情緒會時好時壞。
Today I will be master of my emotions.
今天我學會控制情緒。
It is one of nature's tricks,
這是大自然的玩笑,
little understood, that each day I awaken with moods that have changed from yesterday.
很少有人窺破天機,每天我醒來時,不再有舊日的心情。
Yesterday’s joy will become today's sadness;
昨日的快樂變成今天的哀愁,
yet today's sadness will grow into tomorrow's joy.
今天的悲傷又轉為明日的喜悅。
Inside me is a wheel, constantly turning from sadness to joy,
我心中像一只輪子不停地轉著,由樂而悲,
from exultation to depression, from happiness to melancholy.
由悲而喜,由喜而憂。
Like the flowers, today's full bloom of joy will fade
這就好比花兒的變化,
and wither into despondency, yet I will remember that
今天枯敗的花兒
as today's dead flower carries the seed of tomorrow's bloom
蘊藏著明天新生的種子,
so, top, does today's sadness carry the seed of tomorrow's joy.
今天的悲傷也預示著明天的快樂。
Today I will be master of my emotions.
今天我學會控制情緒。
And how will I master these emotions so that each day will be productive?
我怎樣才能控制情緒,以使每天卓有成效呢?
For unless my mood is right the day will be a failure.
除非我心平氣和,否則迎來的又將是失敗的一天。
Trees and plants depend on the weather to flourish
花草樹木,隨著氣候的變化而生長,
but I make my own weather,
但是我為自己創造天氣。
yea I transport it with me.
我要學會用自己的心靈彌補氣候的不足。
If I bring rain and gloom and darkness and pessimism to my customers
如果我為顧客帶來風雨、憂郁、黑暗和悲觀,
then they will react with rain and gloom and darkness and pessimism
那么他們也會報之于風雨、憂郁、黑暗和悲觀,
and they will purchase naught.
而他們什么也不會買。
If I bring joy and enthusiasm and brightness and laughter to my customers
相反的,如果我們為顧客獻上歡樂、喜悅、光明和笑聲,
they will react with joy and enthusiasm and brightness and laughter
他們也會報之以歡樂、喜悅、光明和笑聲,
and my weather will produce a harvest of sales
我就能獲得銷售上的豐收,
and a granary of gold for me.
賺取成倉的金幣。
Today I will be master of my emotions.
今天我學會控制情緒。
And how will I master my emotions so that every day is a happy day, and a productive one?
怎樣才能控制情緒,讓每天充滿幸福和歡樂?
I will learn this secret of the ages:
我要學會這個千古秘訣:
Weak is he who permits his thoughts to control his actions;
弱者任思緒控制行為,
strong is he who forces his actions to control his thoughts.
強者讓行控制思緒。
Each day, when I awaken, I will follow this plan of battle before I am captured by the forces of sadness,
每天醒來當我被悲傷、自憐、失敗的情緒包圍時,
self-pity and failure
我就這樣與之對抗:
If I feel depressed I will sing.
沮喪時,我引吭高歌。
If I feel sad I will laugh.
悲傷時,我開懷大笑。
If I feel ill I will double my labor.
病痛時,我加倍工作。
If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.
恐懼時,我勇往直前。
If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.
自卑時,我換上新裝。
If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
不安時,我提高嗓聲。
If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
窮困潦倒時,我想象未來的富有。
If I feel incompetent I will remember past success.
力不從心時,我回想過去的成功。
If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
自輕自賤時,我想想自己的目標。