Today I will be master of my emotions.
今天我要學會控制自己的情緒。
Henceforth, I will know
從今往后,我明白了,
that only those with inferior ability can always be at their best,
只有低能者才會江郎才盡,
and I am not inferior.
我并非低能者,
There will be days when I must constantly straggle against forces which would tear me down.
我必須不斷對抗那限些企圖摧垮我的力量。
Those such as despair and sadness are simple to recognize
失望與悲傷一眼就會被識破,
but there are others which approach with a smile
而其它許多敵人是不易覺察的。它們往往面帶微笑,
and the hand of friendship and they can also destroy me.
卻隨時可能將我們摧垮。
Against them, too, I must never relinquish control
對它們,我們永遠不能放松警惕。
If I become overconfident I will recall my failures.
自高自大時,我要追尋失敗的記憶。
If I overindulge
縱情得意時,
I will think of past hungers.
我要記得挨餓的日子。
If I feel complacency
洋洋得意時,
I will remember my competition.
我要想想競爭的對手。
If I enjoy moments of greatness
沾沾自喜時,
I will remember moments of shame.
不要忘了那忍辱的時刻。
If I feel all-powerful
自以為是時,
I will try to stop the wind.
看看自己能否讓步駐步。
If I attain great wealth
腰纏萬貫時,
I will remember one unfed mouth.
想想那些食不果腹的人。
If I become overly proud
驕傲自滿時,
I will remember a moment of weakness.
要想到自己怯懦的時候。
If I feel my skill is unmatched
不可一世時,
I will look at the stars.
讓我抬頭,仰望群星。
Today I will be master of my emotions.
今天我學會控制情緒。
And with this new knowledge
有了這項新本領,
I will also understand and recognize the moods of he on whom I call.
我也更能體察別人的情緒變化。
I will make allowances for his anger and irritation of today
我寬容怒氣沖沖的人,
for he knows not the secret ofcontrolling his mind.
因為他尚未懂得控制自己的情緒,
I can withstand his arrows and insults for
就可以忍受他的指責與辱罵,
now I know that tomorrow he will change and be a joy to approach.
因為我知道明天他會改變,重新變得隨和。
No longer will I judge a man on one meeting;
我不再只憑一面之交來判斷一個人,
no longer will I fail to call again tomorrow on he who meets me with hate today.
也不再一時的怨恨與人絕交,
This day he will not buy gold chariots for a penny,
今天不肯花一分錢買金蓬馬車的人,
yet tomorrow he would exchange his home for a tree.
明天也許會用全部家當換樹苗。
My knowledge of this secret will be my key to great wealth.
知道了這個秘密,我可以獲得極大的財富。
Today I will be master of my emotions.
今天我學會控制情緒。
Henceforth I will recognize and identify the mystery of moods in all mankind, and in me.
我從此領悟人類情緒的變化的奧秘。
From this moment I am prepared to control whatever personality awakes in me each day.
對于自己千變萬化的個性,我不再聽之任之,
I will master my moods through positive action
我知道,
and when I master my moods I will control my destiny.
只有積極主動地控制情緒,才能掌握自己的命運。
Today I control my destiny,
我控制自己的命運
and my destiny is to become the greatest salesman in the world!
就是成為世界上最偉大的推銷員!
I will become master of myself.
我成為自己的主人。
I will become great.
我由此而變得偉大。