I will laugh at the world.
我要笑遍世界。
I will paint this day with laughter;
我要用笑聲點綴今天,
I will frame this night in song.
我要用歌聲照亮黑夜。
Never will I labor to be happy;
我不再苦苦尋覓快樂,
rather will I remain too busy to be sad.
我要在繁忙的工作中忘記悲傷。
I will enjoy today's happiness today.
我要享受今天的快樂,
It is not grain to be stored in a box.
它不像糧食可以貯藏,
It is not wine to be saved in a jar.
更不似美酒越陳越香。
It cannot be saved for the morrow.
我不是為將來而活。
It must be sown and reaped on the same day and this I will do, henceforth.
今天播種今天收獲。
I will laugh at the world.
我要笑遍世界。
And with my laughter all things will be reduced to their proper size.
笑聲中,一切都顯露本色。
I will laugh at my failures and they will vanish in clouds of new dreams;
我笑自己的失敗,它們將化為夢的云彩;
I will laugh at my successes and they will shrink to their true value.
我笑自己的成功,它們回復本來面目;
I will laugh at evil and it will Die untasted;
我笑邪惡,它們遠我而去;
I will laugh at goodness and it will thrive and abound.
我笑善良,它們發揚光大。
Each day will be triumphant only when my smiles bring forth smiles from others
我要用我的笑容感染別人,
and this I do in selfishness, for those on whom I frown
雖然我的目的自私,但這確實是成功之道,
are those who purchase not my goods.
因為皺起的眉頭會讓顧客棄我而去。
I will laugh at the world.
我要笑遍世界。
Henceforth will I shed only tears of sweat,
從今往后,我只因幸福而落淚,
for those of sadness or remorse or frustration are of no value in the market place
因為悲傷、悔恨、挫折的淚水在商場上毫無價值,
whilst each smile can he exchanged for gold and each kind word,
只有微笑可以換來財富,
spoken from my heart, can build a castle.
善言可以建起一座城堡。
Never will I allow myself to become so important, so wise, so dignified,
我不再允許自己因為變得重要、聰明、體面、強大,
so powerful, that I forget how to laugh at myself and my world.
而忘記如何嘲笑自己和周圍的一切。
In this matter I will always remain as a child,
在這一點上,我要永遠像小孩一樣,
for only as a child am I given the ability to look up to others;
因為只有做回小孩,我才能尊敬別人,
and so long as I look up to another I will never grow too long for my cot.
尊敬別人,我才不會自以為是。
I will laugh at the world.
我要笑遍世界。
And so long as I can laugh never will I be poor.
只要我能笑,就永遠不會貧窮。
This, then, is one of nature's greatest gifts, and I will waste it no more.
這也是天賦,我不再浪費它。
Only with laughter and happiness can I truly become a success.
只有在笑聲和快樂中,我才能成為一名成功人士。
Only with laughter and happiness can I enjoy the fruits of my labor.
只有在笑聲和快樂中,我才能享受到勞動的果實。
Were it not so, far better would it be to fail,
如果不這樣,我會失敗,
for happiness is the wine that sharpens the taste of the meal.
因為快樂是提味的美酒佳釀。
To enjoy success I must have happiness,
要想享受成功,必須先有快樂,
and laughter will be the maiden who serves me.
而笑聲便是那伴娘。
I will be happy.
我要快樂。
I will be successful.
我要成功。
I will be the greatest salesman the world has ever known.
我要成為世界上最偉大的推銷員。