The Scroll Marked 9
羊皮卷九
My dreams are worthless,
我的幻想毫無價值,
my plans are dust,
我的計劃渺如塵埃,
my goals are impossible.
我的目標不可能達到。
All are of no value unless they are followed by action.
一切的一切毫無意義,除非我們付諸行動。
I will act now.
我現在就付諸行動。
Never has there been a map,
一張地圖,
however carefully executed to detail and scale,
不論多么詳盡,比例多精確,
which carried its owner over even one inch of ground.
它永遠不能帶著它的主人在地面上移動半步。
Never has there been a parchment of law,
一個國家的法律,
however fair,
不論多么公正,
which prevented one crime.
永遠不可能防止罪惡的發生。
Never has there been a scroll,
任何寶典,
even such as the one I hold,
即使在我手中的羊皮卷,
which earned so much as a penny or produced a single word of acclamation.
永遠不可能創造財富。
Action, alone, is the tinder which ignites the map,
只有行動才能使地圖、
the parchment, this scroll, my dreams, my plans, my goals, into a living force.
法律、寶典、夢想、計劃、目標具有現實意義。
Action is the food and drink which will nourish my success.
行動,像食物和水一樣,能滋潤我,使我成功。
I will act now.
我現在就付諸行動。
My procrastination which has held me back was born of fear
拖延使我裹足不前,它來自恐懼。
and now I recognize this secret mined from the depths of all courageous hearts.
現在我從所有勇敢的心靈深處,體會到這一秘密。
Now I know that to conquer fear
我知道,想克服恐懼,
I must always act without hesitation
必須毫不猶豫,起而行動,
and the flutters in my heart will vanish.
唯其如此,心中的慌亂方得以平定。
Now I know that action reduces the lion of terror to an ant of equanimity.
現在我知道,行動會使猛獅般的恐懼,減緩為螞蟻般的平靜。
I will act now.
我現在就付諸行動。
Henceforth, I will remember the lesson of the firefly
從此我要記住螢火蟲的啟迪:
who gives, of its light only when it is on the wing, only when it is in action.
只有振翅的時候,才能發出光芒。
I will become a firefly
我要成為一只螢火蟲,
and even in the day my glow will be seen in spite of the sua.
即使在艷陽高照的白天,我也要發出光芒。
Let others be as butterflies
讓別人像蝴蝶一樣。
who preen their wings yet depend on the charity of a flower for life.
舞動翅膀,靠花朵的施舍生活;
I will be as the firefly and my light will brighten the world.
我要做螢火蟲,照亮大地。
I will act now.
我現在就付諸行動。
I will not avoid the tasks of today and charge them to tomorrow
我不把今天的事情留給明天,
for I know that tomorrow never comes.
因為我知道明天是永遠不會來臨的。
Let me act now,
現在就付諸行動吧!
even though my actions may not bring happiness or success
即使我的行為不會帶來快樂與成功,
for it is better to act and fall than not to act and flounder.
但是動而失敗總比坐而待斃好。
Happiness, in truth, may not be the fruit plucked by my action
行動也許不會結出快樂的果實,
yet without action all fruit will die on the vine.
但沒有行動,所有的果實都無法收獲。
I will act now.
我現在就付諸行動。
I will act now.
立即行動。
I will act now.
立即行動。
I will act now.
立即行動。
Henceforth, I will repeat these words again and again and again, each hour, each day, every day,
從今往后,我要一遍又一遍,每時每刻重復這句話,
until the words become as much a habit as my breathing
直到成為習慣,好比呼吸一般,
and the actions which follow become as instinctive as the blinking of my eyelids.
成為本能,好比眨眼一樣。
With these words I can condition my mind to perform every act necessary for my success.
有了這句話,我就能調整自己的情緒,
With these words I can condition my mind to meet every challenge which the failure avoids.
迎接失敗者逃避而遠之的每一次挑戰。