The Scroll Marked2
羊皮卷之二
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的愛來迎接今天。
For this is the greatest secret of success in all ventures.
因為,這是一切成功的最大秘密。
Muscle can split a shield and even destroy life
強力能夠劈開一塊盾牌,甚至毀滅生命,
but only the unseen power of love can open the hearts of men and until I master this art
但是只有愛才具有無與倫比的力量,使人們敞開心扉。
I will remain no more than a peddler in the market place.
在掌握了愛的藝術之前,我只算商場上的無名小卒。
I will make love my greatest weapon
我要讓愛成為我最大的武器,
and none on whom I call can defend against its force.
沒有人能抵擋它的威力。
My reasoning they may counter;
我的理論,他們也許反對;
my speech they may distrust;
我的言談,他們也許懷疑;
my apparel they may disapprove;
我的穿著,他們也許不贊成;
my face they may reject;
我的長相,他們也許不喜歡;
and even my bargains may cause them suspicion;
甚至我廉價出售的商品都可能使他們將信將疑,
yet my love will melt all hearts liken to the sun
然而我的愛心一定能溫暖他們,
whose rays soften the coldest clay.
就像太陽的光芒能溶化冰冷的凍土。
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的愛來迎接今天。
And how will I do this?
我該怎樣做呢?
Henceforth will I look on all things with love
從今往后,我對一切都要滿收愛心,
and I will be born again.
這樣才能獲得新生。
I will love the sun for it warms my bones;
我愛太陽,它溫暖我的身體;
yet I will love the rain for its cleanses my spirit.
我愛雨水。它洗凈我的靈魂;
I will love the light for it shows me the way;
我愛光明,它為我指引道路;
yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars.
我也愛黑夜,它讓我看到星辰、
I will welcome happiness for it enlarges my heart;
我迎接快樂,它使我心胸開闊;
yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul.
我忍受悲傷,它升華我的靈魂;
I will acknowledge towards for they are my due;
我接受報酬。因為我為此付出汗水;
yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge.
我不怕困難,因為它們給我挑戰。
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的愛來迎接今天。
And how will I speak?
我該怎樣說呢?
I will laud mine enemies and they will become friends;
我贊美敵人。敵人于是成為朋友;
I will encourage my friends and they will become brothers.
我鼓勵朋友,朋友于是成為手足。
Always will I dig for reasons to applaud;
我要常想理由贊美別人,
never will I scratch for excuses to gossip.
絕不搬弄是非,道人長短。
When I am tempted to criticize I will bite on my tongue;
想要批評人時,咬住舌頭,
when I am moved to praise
想要贊美人時,
I will shout from the roofs.
高聲表達。
Is it not so that birds,
飛鳥,
the wind, the sea and all nature speaks with the music of praise for their creator?
清風,海浪,自然界的萬物不都在用美妙動聽的歌聲贊美造物主嗎?
Cannot I speak with the same music to his children?
我也要用同樣的歌聲贊美她的兒女。
Henceforth will I remember this secret
從今往后,我要記住這個秘密。
and it will change my life.
它將改變我的生活。
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的愛來迎接今天。
And how will I act?
我該怎樣行動呢?
I will love all manners of men for each has qualities to be admired
我要愛每個人的言談舉止,因為人人都有值得欽佩的性格,
even though they be hidden.
雖然有時不易察覺。
With love I will tear down the wall of suspicion and hate
我要用愛摧毀困住人們心靈的高墻,
which they have built round their hearts
那充滿懷疑與仇恨的用墻。
and in its place will I build bridges so that my love may enter their souls.
我要鋪一座通向人們心靈的橋梁。
I will love the ambitious
我愛雄心勃勃的人,
for they can inspire me!
他們給我靈感。
I will love the failures for they can teach me.
我愛失敗的人,他們給我教訓。
I will love the kings
我愛王侯將相,
for they are but human;
因為他們也是凡人。
I will love the meek
我愛謙恭之人,
for they are divine.
因為他們非凡。
I will love the rich
我愛富人,
for they are yet lonely;
因為他們孤獨。
I will love the poor for
我愛窮人。
they are so many.
因為窮人太多了。
I will love the young for the faith they hold;
我愛少年,因為他們真誠。
I will love the old for the wisdom they share.
我愛長者,因為他們有智慧。
I will love the beautiful for their eyes of sadness;
我愛美麗的人,因為他們眼中流露著凄迷。
I will love the ugly
我愛丑陋的人,
for their souls of peace.
因為他們有顆寧靜的心。
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的愛來迎接今天。
But how will I react to the actions of others?
我該怎樣回應他人的行為呢?
With love.
用愛心。