And a big advantage of being a student,
而學生這個群體要創業
one of the two biggest advantages is that
自身也有好多優勢,其中之一就是,
you probably have better intuition about which markets are likely to start growing rapidly than older people do
相較于老年人,學生對于哪種市場能快速增長有更準確的直覺判斷
Another thing that students usually don't understand,
但有一點,很多學生創業者并不理解
or at least takes a while you cannot create a market that doesn't want to exist.
或者說,至少要花一陣時間才會體會到沒有“市場”的市場是不值得投入精力的
You can basically change everything in a startup but the market.
創業中,唯一不能左右的就是市場
So you should actually do some thinking, to be sure or at least as sure as you can be,
所以大家一定要考慮要確信
that the market your going after is going to grow and be there.
自己要進入的市場會有發展前景
There are a lot of different ways to talk about the right kind of market.
要討論挑選市場的問題也有很多方式
For example, surfing someone else's wave or stepping into an up elevator or being part of a movement.
比方說,追隨成功者的腳步,加入發展勢頭正猛的行列
But all of this is just a way of saying you want a market that's going to grow really quickly.
所有這些就是說,大家要進入的市場必須能夠快速增長
It may seem small today.
可能現在看來市場規模不大
It may be small today.
現在市場很小沒關系
But you know, and other people don't that it's gonna grow really fast.
只要你知道這個市場能夠快速增長,而別人都還沒發現,就可以了
So think about where this is happening in the world.
大家要想一下市場環境
You need this sort of a tail wind to make a startup successful.
要創業成功,也需要一個順利的大環境
The exciting thing is there are probably more of these tail winds now than ever before.
值得我們慶幸的是,現在的環境,是越來越有利于創業了
As Mark Andreessen says, software is eating the world.
馬克·安德森曾經說過,軟件正在蠶食世界
It's just everywhere.
現在各種軟件隨處可見
There are like, so many great ideas out there
有很多好創意
and you just have to pick one, and find one that you really care about.
大家要做的就是找到最感興趣的那個
Another version of this, that would,
或者說
gets down to the same idea, is Sequoia's famous question.
我們還是回到紅杉資本的那個老問題
Why now?
為什么要現在創業?
Why is this the perfect time for this particular idea and to start this particular company?
對于這個創意來說,為什么現在最合適創業?為什么要建立這樣一個公司?
Why couldn't it have been done two years ago?
兩年前開始不可以嗎?
And why will two years in the future be too late?
又或者說,兩年之后再做不可以嗎?
For the most successful startups we've been involved with,
縱觀各種創業成功的例子
they've all had a great idea, great answer to this question.
創業團隊都有非常棒的創意,都很好地回答了這個問題
And if you don't, you should be at least somewhat suspicious about it.
如果大家不能明確給出答案,關于創業還是要謹慎考慮
In general, it's best if you're building something that you yourself need.
總的來說,最好是開發自己需要的產品
You'll understand it much better than if you have to understand it
這樣一來,在開發產品原型時
by talking to a customer to build the very first version
你對產品的了解比通過用戶交流來得更有效
If you don't know it yourself and you're building something that someone else needs,
如果你自己都不明白這種產品,只是為別人生產一種產品
realize that you're at a big disadvantage and get very, very close to your customers.
這對你來說是一個大弊端,必須要緊密聯系消費者
Try to work in their office if you can.
如果可以的話,去客戶的辦公場所
And if not, talk to them multiple times a day.
如果不可以,多跟顧客交流也是有幫助的