Today I am going to teach you how to play my favorite game:
今天我要教你們怎么玩我最愛的游戲:
massively multiplayer thumb-wrestling.
超級多人拇指摔跤
It's the only game in the world that I know of
這是我所知的唯一一個
that allows you, the player,
可以讓你,也就是玩家
the opportunity to experience 10 positive emotions in 60 seconds or less.
得以在六十秒內體驗十種正面心情的游戲
This is true, so if you play this game with me today
這是真的,因此如果你今天和我玩這個游戲
for just one single minute,
只需要一分鐘
you will get to feel joy, relief, love, surprise,
你將會感受到喜悅、解脫、愛、驚喜
pride, curiosity, excitement, awe and wonder, contentment, and creativity,
驕傲、好奇、興奮、敬畏與驚奇、滿足,以及創造力
all in the span of one minute.
這都將在一分鐘內發生
So this sounds pretty good, right? Now you're willing to play.
聽起來很不錯吧?你現在會愿意玩這個游戲了
In order to teach you this game,
為了教你們這個游戲
I'm going to need some volunteers to come up onstage really quickly,
我需要一些自愿者很快地到臺上來
and we're going to do a little hands-on demo.
然后我們將會親身示范
While they're coming up, I should let you know,
在等他們上來的同時,我該讓你們知道
this game was invented 10 years ago by an artists' collective in Austria named Monochrom.
這個游戲是在十年前,由一位奧地利藝術收藏家Monochrom發明的
So thank you, Monochrom.
謝謝你,Monochrom
Okay, so most people are familiar with traditional, two-person thumb-wrestling.
好的,大部分的人都對傳統的兩人拇指摔跤很熟悉
Sunni, let's just remind them.
Sunni,我們幫他們復習一下吧
One, two, three, four,I declare a thumb war, and we wrestle,
一,二,三,四,當我說拇指比賽,然后我們就開始
and of course Sunni beats me because she's the best.
當然Sunni會打敗我,因為她是最厲害的
Now the first thing about massively multiplayer thumb-wrestling, we're the gamer generation.
玩多人拇指摔跤,(要知道)的第一件事情就是我們身處玩家的世代
There are a billion gamers on the planet now,
現在全世界有十數億個玩家
so we need more of a challenge.
所以我們面臨大挑戰
So the first thing we need is more thumbs.
首先,我們需要更多的拇指
So Eric, come on over.
所以,來吧,Eric
So we could get three thumbs together, and Peter could join us.
我們把三個拇指湊在一起,然后Peter可以加入我們
We could even have four thumbs together,
我們甚至可以把四個拇指湊在一起
and the way you win is you're the first person to pin someone else's thumb.
如果你是第一個把別人的拇指按住的人,你就贏了
This is really important.
這很重要
You can't, like, wait while they fight it out and then swoop in at the last minute.
你不能在一旁觀戰,然后再最終才突然壓下來
That is not how you win.
這樣子贏了不算
Ah, who did that? Eric you did that.
噢,是誰?是Eric
So Eric would have won. He was the first person to pin my thumb.
這樣Eric就贏了,他是第一個把我的拇指壓住的
Okay, so that's the first rule,
好,這就是第一條規則
and we can see that three or four is kind of the typical number of thumbs in a node,
三個或四個拇指是在一個節點中常見的拇指數量
but if you feel ambitious,you don't have to hold back.
但是如果你很有野心的話,別憋在心里
We can really go for it.
我們真的可以爭取更多
So you can see up here.
你可以看到
Now the only other rule you need to remember is,
你要記住的另外一條規則就是
gamer generation, we like a challenge.
身為玩家世代的一員,我們喜歡挑戰
I happen to notice you all have some thumbs you're not using.
讓我提醒你們,你們都有一些你現在沒在用的拇指
So I think we should kind of get some more involved.
所以我覺得我們應該試點其他的
And if we had just four people,
如果我們只有四個人
we would do it just like this,
我們可以這樣做
and we would try and wrestle both thumbs at the same time.
同時用兩雙拇指摔跤
Perfect.
太好了
Now, if we had more people in the room,
好,如果這房間里有更多人
instead of just wrestling in a closed node,
我們可以往外延伸,讓更多人參與我們
we might reach out and try and grab some other people.
而不是只在一個封閉的節點里玩摔跤
And in fact, that's what we're going to do right now.
事實上,這就是我們現在要做的
We're going to try and get all, something like,
我們要試著把這房間里所有的
I don't know, 1,500 thumbs in this room connected in a single node.
我不確定,大概1500個拇指在一個節點里面連接起來
And we have to connect both levels,
我們得連結兩層樓
so if you're up there, you're going to be reaching down and reaching up.
所以如果你在樓上的話,你就要同時連接樓上和樓下