We are back at 8:38. Here's a question: how did you deal with being alone?
8點38分,歡迎回來。你如何面對孤獨?
The Oscar winner Matt Damon finds himself all by himself on Mars in his highly anticipated new movie called the Martian.
曾獲奧斯卡獎的馬特·達蒙在萬眾矚目的新片《火星救援》中孤身一人待在火星。
He sat down recently with Natalie they talked about the film and much more.
近期他接受了娜塔莉的采訪,他們聊了聊《火星救援》和其他精彩話題。
It's the ultimate survivor's story: a man stranded on mars with nothing but his wit and ingenuity to keep him alive.
這是一個終極生存大片:主角被困在火星,身無長物,只能靠聰明才智活下來。
What drew you to the role?
這個角色為什么吸引了你?
You're playing Mark Watney, a man has basically stranded on mars.
你扮演馬克·沃特尼,說白了他就是被滯留在火星了。
I'm alone for most of the movie so I didn't have to talk to any other actors, so that was one of the big draws.
拍攝大部分時間我都是一個人,所以不需要和其他演員搭戲,這是最吸引我的原因之一。
Tell me a little bit about getting into Mark Watney and tapping into that “I'm all alone, I'm stranded..."
說說你怎么進入馬克·沃特尼的角色,體會那種“我太孤獨了,我被丟下了……”的感覺的。
That's actually not a feeling I can really relate to 'cause I have four kids,
那種情感其實是我不太能感同身受的,因為我有四個孩子,
you know, I just sometimes want 20 minutes by myself in my house.
有時候我真希望在家有哪怕20分鐘獨處的時光也好。
The real draw for me, there's this great book that this guy Andy Weir wrote.
真正吸引我的是安迪·威爾的精彩原著。
He kind of had this premise of like could a guy survive if he was really highly trained on Mars by himself?
他想知道,假設一個人被訓練到極致,他可能獨自在火星上存活下來嗎?
It's just this really kind of neat story of this guy doing everything that one would have to do to live on this totally inhospitable planet.
整個故事非常清晰,講主角如何極盡所能在這個不適宜人居的星球存活下來。
I gotta figure out a way to grow three years worth of food on a planet where nothing grows.
我得想法子在這個連根毛都沒有的星球上種夠吃三年的食物。
Andy Weir said that he saw the character Mark Watney as himself,
安迪·威爾認為馬克·沃特尼這個角色就是另一個版本的他自己,
but smarter and braver in having no flaws, he saw Matt Damon.
只不過更聰明,更勇敢,更完美無缺。他說簡直就是馬特·達蒙。
That's very nice of him.
哈哈多謝他。
But the bravery of these guys like when you meet them and it is really humbling,
但真正的宇航員真的非常英武,見過他們就覺得自愧不如。
like you having hung out with some of these astronauts you gotta be incredibly smart you gotta be incredibly fit.
跟他們出去玩一次就會發現他們非常聰明,非常健碩。
Like I threw my arm around one of them the other day and it's just like hitting iron.
有天我搭了一下一個宇航員的肩膀,感覺跟撞到鐵桶似的。
Were you the kind of kid growing up that you wanted to be an astronaut?
你是哪種從小就想當宇航員的小孩嗎?
I played everything.
我小時候什么都演過。
I think because I wanted to be an actor I was always pretending to be somebody else and certainly I was an astronaut.
因為小時候想當演員,所以總是假裝別的人,當然也假裝過宇航員。
A lot of this job is totally ridiculous and great.
這種角色扮演特別無厘頭,不過很有意思。
And that's why it's fun because we're playing at the end of the day.
我們覺得尤其好玩因為是下午放學之后大家在一起玩。
The movie was directed by Ridley Scott.
《火星救援》由雷德利·斯科特執導,
It's the first time they've worked together.
這也是馬特·達蒙和斯科特首度合作。
I walked in to meet him and he said, "We've never met."
我上前跟他打招呼,他說,“咱們第一次見。”
And I said "no, no, we haven't."
我說“是,是,第一次見。”
He goes, "The script is great."
他接著說,“劇本好極了。”
I said "It is, it's great."
我說,“是的,特別好。”
And he goes, "It's bleeping great."
他又說,“太尼瑪好了。”
and I go, "Yeah, it's that, too."
我說,“是啊,的確是好。”
And he goes, "What the hell are we making this?"
他問,“這么好的片子怎么我們接了?”
I said “I don't know, I guess, I guess we are."
我說,“我,我不知道啊。我想我們運氣好。”
That was our first meeting.
這就是我們的第一面。