It's clear that Jo has come to the end of a massive piece of writing.
顯然,喬已經到達了一部巨著寫作的盡頭。
She's found a kind of closure, both in her work and in her family life.
她已經做了一個結束,無論是在她的工作還是她的家庭生活。
I'm making David's birthday cake because he's 4 tomorrow.
我在給戴維做生日蛋糕,明天他4歲了。
But it's just the family tea birthday cake, because the day after that we have the party for all his friends and then he gets a shop-made Lightning McQueen, from the Disney-Pixar film with which he is obsessed.
僅僅是家里的生日茶點,之后我們會替他的朋友舉辦一個派對。他會得到一只商店訂的迪士尼·皮克斯動畫里的閃電麥昆蛋糕,他對那車子著迷。
Baking really reminds me of my mother.
烤蛋糕真的讓我回想起我的母親。
She made fantastic cakes. So that really makes me feel like I'm doing the proper motherly thing when I'm making birthday cakes.
她做的蛋糕無與倫比,所以在做生日蛋糕的時候也讓我真正覺得我好像在做一件母親該做的事。
And David really likes my cakes, particularly.
戴維很喜歡我的蛋糕,特別喜歡。
Did you grow up with the smell of baking?
你是在蛋糕的香味中長大的嗎?
Yeah. My mom was a good cook but she didn't get to stretch her wings much because my father greatly mistrusted foreign food.
是的。我的媽媽廚藝精湛,但她沒機會充分展示自己的才能,因為我的父親不太相信外國食物。
But on cakes and buns and bread, she was fantastic.
但在做蛋糕、烤面包方面,她就已經超棒了。
And that was permissible so that's where she got to show her paces, as it were.
這些是被允許的,這也是她可以大顯身手的時刻了。
The memory of childhood is clearly one of Jo's main themes.
童年回憶顯然是喬的創作主題之一。
But now that both she and Harry Potter have families has she lost her principle inspiration?
但現在她和哈利·波特都有了家庭,她失去了創作的靈感來源了嗎?
I'm happier now than I've ever been in my life.
我人生中從沒像現在這么幸福過。
I'm happier now than I was as a child, teenager, young adult.
我比我的童年、少年和青年時代都幸福。
No, I think middle age is probably gonna be my time.
不,我想我的中年可能才是我的黃金時段。
If her life and her writing have been some kind of struggle for completion and she's now found it, what, if anything, is she going to do next?
如果說她的生命和寫作是為終點而掙扎,現在她跑到了終點,如果還有,什么是她接下去要做的?
Has she written her last book?
她決定封筆了嗎?
The Caledonian Hotel, Edinburgh.
蘇格蘭酒店,愛丁堡。
The top brass of both Warner Bros. and Universal Studios have flown over for a meeting with J.K. Rowling.
華納兄弟和環球影城的高層,他們遠道而來與J.K.羅琳會談。
Hollywood comes to her. She doesn't need to go to Hollywood.
好萊塢來找她,她不需要去找好萊塢。
They're discussing the building of a massive 20-acre Harry Potter theme park in Florida and are seeking her approval.
他們正在討論建立佛羅里達州20英畝的哈利·波特主題公園,他們正在尋求她的認可。
You know what? Sitting in a room full of people who are trying to impress you that's when I feel I'm at my most fraudulent.
你知道嗎?坐在一間屋子里,滿屋子的人都試著想讓你留下好印象,那是我覺得我最虛偽的時候。
Because I feel like I'm 13, and they're all grown-ups.
因為我感覺自己像13歲,而他們都是大人們。
And I cover that up quite well, but I just... I often think, "Why are you all looking at me for?"
我遮掩的還不錯,而我只是……我總在想“你們為什么都看著我?”
Because for years, I was the least important person in the room and I was doodling when I should've been taking minutes and actually writing Harry Potter stories.
因為多年來我是這屋子里最無名的小卒,我那時正在涂涂寫寫、分秒必爭地趕著寫哈利·波特的故事。