Lesson 13 Life
第十三課 生活
January 29
1月29日
Fun, Friends and Football!
共享歡樂!
Read it!
讀讀看!
This Sunday is the Super Bowl.
這個星期日是超級杯美式足球大賽,
Rob is having a party.
羅柏要舉辦一場派對。
Susie can bring chips and vegetables.
蘇希可以帶洋芋片和一些蔬菜。
Taylor appreciates the invitation, but she doesn't know much about football.
泰樂很高興能夠受到邀請,但她對美式足球懂得不多。
Unlike soccer, players can use their hands when they play football.
和足球不同的是,球員打美式足球的時候可以使用雙手。
Taylor can cheer for both teams.
泰樂可以為比賽雙方加油,
Then she's always cheering for the winning team.
這樣她就隨時都能夠為占上風的球隊加油。
Conversation A
會話A
I'm so excited about your party on Sunday, Rob!
羅柏,我對你星期日的派對覺得好興奮喔!
What can I bring?
我可以帶什么去?
You can bring some chips or vegetables.
妳可以帶些洋芋片或蔬菜。
Great. I can be there at 4:30.
太好了。我四點半就可以到,
Is that too early?
這樣會太早嗎?
No, 4:30 is great.
不會,四點半很好。
Maybe you can help decorate.
說不定妳可以幫我布置。
Sure. How many people are coming?
沒問題。有多少人要去?
I'm not sure.
我不確定,
I invited all of our friends and some friends from church.
我邀請了我們所有的朋友還有一些教會的朋友。
Conversation B
會話B
Do you watch football, Taylor?
泰樂,妳看美式足球嗎?
No. I don't watch many sports.
不看,我對運動看得不多。
Oh, that's OK.
哦,那沒關系。
I'm having a Super Bowl party this Sunday.
我這星期日要舉辦一場超級杯派對,
Can you come?
妳可以來嗎?
Thank you for the invitation, but football ...
謝謝你邀請我,可是美式足球…
Super Bowl parties are fun.
超級杯派對很好玩。
I'm preparing a lot of food.
我會準備很多食物,
You can come and eat.
妳可以來吃東西就好。
OK. Can I bring anything?
好啊,我可以帶什么東西過去嗎?
You can bring some soda.
妳可以帶些汽水。
Conversation C
會話C
Taylor, are you going to Rob's Super Bowl party?
泰樂,妳要去參加羅柏的超級杯派對嗎?
Yes. But I don't know much about football.
我會去,可是我對美式足球懂得不多。
That's OK. Football is fun to watch.
沒關系, 美式足球很好看。
Unlike soccer, players can use their hands to throw the ball.
和足球不一樣的是,球員可以用手擲球。
Which team should I cheer for?
我該為哪一隊加油?
You can cheer for both teams.
兩支球隊妳都可以加油。
Really?
真的嗎?
Yeah. Then you're always cheering for the winning team!
是啊,這樣妳就都能夠為贏球的那隊歡呼加油啊!