Lesson 5 Activities
第五課 活動
January 12
1月12日
Yo-Yos
好玩溜溜球
Read it!
讀讀看!
Jim is trying to do tricks with a yo-yo. But it's hard.
吉姆試圖以溜溜球耍把戲, 但是滿難的。
Alex is pretty good with a Chinese yo-yo.
亞力克斯很會玩扯鈴,
He shows it to Jim.
他玩給吉姆看。
He wraps a string around it.
他先用繩子纏繞扯鈴,
Then he makes it spin with two sticks.
然后以兩根棍子使其轉動。
He can throw it up in the air and catch it.
他可以把扯鈴拋上空中再接住。
Jim tries it. But he decides to stick to an American yo-yo.
吉姆嘗試看看, 不過還是決定繼續玩他的美式溜溜球。
Conversation A
會話A
Hi, Jim. Nice yo-yo.
嗨,吉姆,這溜溜球看起來不錯唷。
Thanks.
謝了,
But it's not mine. It's my son's.
不過這不是我的,是我兒子的。
I'm trying to do tricks with it.
我想用這顆溜溜球耍些把戲。
I had a yo-yo when I was a kid.
我小時候有一顆溜溜球,
But I couldn't do any tricks.
可是我完全不會耍把戲。
I can just make it go up and down. That's all.
我只會讓它上下滾動, 就這樣而已。
I'm pretty good with a yo-yo.
我很會玩一種溜溜球。
Oh? Show me!
哦?玩給我看!
Just a minute. I have a yo-yo on my desk.
等一下, 我的桌子上有一個。
Conversation B
會話B
What is that?
那是什么?
It's a Chinese yo-yo. It's a fun toy.
這是扯鈴, 是一種很好玩的玩具。
How does it work?
怎么玩?
I'll show you.
我玩給你們看。
First you wrap the string around it, like this.
首先,把繩子像這樣纏繞上去,
Then you move these sticks, like this.
然后移動這兩根棍子,就像這樣。
And it spins. Cool!
這樣就會轉動了,真酷!
Can you do tricks with it?
你能夠用它耍把戲嗎?
I'm learning. I can throw it up and catch it sometimes.
我還在學。 我會把它拋上去,偶爾能夠接得住,
But I still need more practice.
可是我還需要練習。
Conversation C
會話C
Alex showed me his Chinese yo-yo today, Rob.
羅柏,今天亞力克斯玩了他的扯鈴給我看。
Really? I'll ask him to show it to me later.
真的嗎?我晚點再請他玩給我看。
Can you play with one?
你會玩嗎?
I can! I can even throw it in the air and catch it.
會! 我甚至還會把它拋上空中再接住。
Wow. I tried playing with it.
哇。我試著玩過,
But I couldn't even make it spin.
可是我連讓它轉都沒辦法。
It takes practice.
那是需要練習的。
I'll stick to an American yo-yo. That's easier!
我還是繼續玩美式溜溜球就好, 這種溜溜球比較簡單!