Lesson 4 eReport
第四課 英文札記
January 9
1月9日
Use Good Table Manners
餐桌禮儀要遵守
Having dinner in a fancy Western restaurant can make people nervous.
在高級西式餐廳吃飯可能會令人緊張,
They want to use good table manners.
顧客會想要表現出良好的餐桌禮儀。
Which things on the table do you use first?
你應該先用餐桌上的哪些東西?
When you first sit down at a table, take the napkin and put it on your lap.
當你在桌前坐下來之后,先把餐巾拿起來,鋪在大腿上,
Keep it on your lap during the meal.
并且在用餐期間都一直放在大腿上。
Then look at the plate in front of you.
然后,再看著你面前的餐盤,
Forks are to the left of your plate.
叉子放在盤子左邊,
Spoons and knives are on the right.
湯匙與刀子放在右邊。
A soup spoon is the large one, farthest from the plate.
喝湯的湯匙是大湯匙,放得離盤子最遠,
Or it may be at the top of the plate.
不然就是放在盤子上方。
At a Western meal, soup is served first and then the salad.
在西式餐點當中,最先送上的菜肴是湯,接著是色拉。
The salad fork is the fork farthest from the plate.
色拉叉是放得離盤子最遠的叉子,
Eat your salad with that fork.
用那支叉子吃色拉。
The small plate above your forks is your bread plate.
放在叉子上方的小盤子是面包盤。
Put a roll on your small plate.
把餐包放在小盤子上,
Cut it open and put butter on it with your knife.
切開之后,用奶油刀涂上牛油。
Then eat it with your fingers.
接著,再用手指拿起來吃。
When you are finished eating, put your knife and fork next to each other on your dinner plate.
用完餐之后,把刀叉并在一起放在餐盤上。
Then the waiter knows you are finished.
這么一來,服務生就知道你吃完了。
He will take away your plate.
他會收走你的盤子。
Your last course will be dessert.
最后一道菜肴是甜點。
There may be a very small dessert fork next to your plate.
你的盤子旁邊可能會有一支很小的點心叉,
Or the waiter may bring it with dessert.
不然就是服務生會把點心叉隨著點心一起拿來。
When you have finished your meal, get up from the table.
用完餐之后,就從桌前站起來,
Place your napkin next to your plate.
把餐巾放在盤子旁邊,
Then you can leave the restaurant.
然后你即可離開餐廳。
Hope you enjoyed your dinner!
希望你這一餐吃得愉快!