日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語演講 > TED十佳演講話題 > 正文

TED十佳演講之性別無限:一位敢去開車的沙特婦女(5)

來源:可可英語 編輯:max ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

But you learn lessons from these things that happen to you.

但人們會從經歷中學習
I learned to be always there.
我也是這樣
The first thing, I got out of jail,
我從監獄出來的第一件事
of course after I took a shower, I went online,
當然我先洗了個澡
I opened my Twitter account and my Facebook page,
我上網打開推特賬號和臉譜
and I've been always very respectful
我對那些對我發表意見的人
to those people who are opining to me.
總是很尊敬
I would listen to what they say,
我總是聽聽他們的想法
and I would never defend myself with words only.
我從不只用單薄的文字辯解
I would use actions. When they said I should withdraw from the campaign,
我會采取行動,當他們都說我應該退出這項行動時
I filed the first lawsuit against the general directorate
我對管理總局發了第一封投訴
of traffic police for not issuing me a driver's license.
他們還沒發我駕照呢
There are a lot of people also --
也有些人們很支持我
very big support, like those 3,000 people
譬如那3000個
who signed the petition to release me.
聯名請愿釋放我的
We sent a petition to the Shura Council
我們寫了一封請愿書給協商議院
in favor of lifting the ban on Saudi women,
想要為婦女開車解禁
and there were, like, 3,500 citizens who believed in that
有大概3500位公民支持
and they signed that petition.
在請愿書上簽字
There were people like that, I just showed some examples,
有一些這樣的人,我只是舉個例子
who are amazing, who are believing in women's rights in Saudi Arabia,
他們令人吃驚,他們覺得沙特阿拉伯的女性應該擁有合法權利
and trying, and they are also facing a lot of hate
有關由于公開講話和表白他們的這一看法
because of speaking up and voicing their views.
他們面對有些人的憎恨,他們仍為此努力
Saudi Arabia today is taking small steps
沙特阿拉伯如今正在加強婦女權利的道路上
toward enhancing women's rights.
一步一步地前進著
The Shura Council that's appointed by the king,
由阿卜杜拉國王的皇家法令認可
by royal decree of King Abdullah,
我們國家國王指定的協商議院
last year there were 30 women assigned to that Council,
去年已經有了約30位議員
like 20 percent.
大約是百分之20
20 percent of the Council.
她們占了協商議院百分之20的席位
The same time, finally, that Council,
同時,協商議院
after rejecting our petition four times for women driving,
在先前駁回允許婦女駕車的請愿書4次后
they finally accepted it last February.
去年2月他們最終接受了
After being sent to jail
曾經會被送入監獄
or sentenced lashing, or sent to a trial,
被判決鞭刑,或者發往審判
the spokesperson of the traffic police said,
交通部門的發言人后來說
we will only issue traffic violation for women drivers.
我們如今只管違反交通法規的女駕駛員
The Grand Mufti, who is the head
在沙特阿拉伯的宗教領袖
of the religious establishment in Saudi Arabia,
大穆夫提,表示
he said, it's not recommended for women to drive.
我們不建議婦女開車
It used to be haram, forbidden, by the previous Grand Mufti.
而以前,根據大穆夫提,的意思,婦女駕車是被嚴格禁止的
So for me, it's not about only these small steps.
我覺得,我們所做的不僅僅是這幾個進步
It's about women themselves.
這是關于所有女性自身的
A friend once asked me, she said,
我的一個朋友曾經問我,她說
"So when do you think this women driving will happen?"
“那你覺得我們女性什么時候才會普遍開起車來?”
I told her, "Only if women stop asking 'When?'
我告訴她 “除非你停止問‘什么時候’這種問題
and take action to make it now."
而立刻行動起來”
So it's not only about the system,
我認為,這不僅關乎社會意識形態
it's also about us women to drive our own life, I'd say.
這代表我們婦女能主宰自己的命運了
So I have no clue, really, how I became an activist.
我不知道我是如何變成這樣一個行動派的
And I don't know how I became one now.
也不清楚我如何就成為我現在的樣子
But all I know, and all I'm sure of, in the future
但我知道,我也確信
when someone asks me my story,
當以后有人讓我講起我的故事
I will say, "I'm proud
我會說“能成為那些
to be amongst those women who lifted the ban,
激起禁忌,與之戰斗并最終贏得每個人的自由
fought the ban, and celebrated everyone's freedom."
那廣大婦女中的一員,我非常自豪”
So the question I started my talk with,
回到最一開始我提出的問題
who do you think is more difficult to face,
對抗政府或者挑戰傳統社會
oppressive governments or oppressive societies?
你覺得哪個更難?
I hope you find clues to answer that from my speech.
我希望從我的演講里面你們能找到答案
Thank you, everyone.
謝謝你們

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
lawsuit ['lɔ:sju:t]

想一想再看

n. 訴訟,控訴

 
previous ['pri:vjəs]

想一想再看

adj. 在 ... 之前,先,前,以前的

聯想記憶
campaign [kæm'pein]

想一想再看

n. 運動,活動,戰役,競選運動
v. 從事運

聯想記憶
oppressive [ə'presiv]

想一想再看

adj. 壓迫的,沉重的,壓抑的

 
issue ['iʃju:]

想一想再看

n. 發行物,期刊號,爭論點
vi. & vt

 
trial ['traiəl]

想一想再看

adj. 嘗試性的; 審訊的
n. 嘗試,努力

 
establishment [is'tæbliʃmənt]

想一想再看

n. 確立,制定,設施,機構,權威

聯想記憶
release [ri'li:s]

想一想再看

n. 釋放,讓渡,發行
vt. 釋放,讓與,準

聯想記憶
defend [di'fend]

想一想再看

v. 防護,辯護,防守

 
respectful [ri'spektfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 表示尊敬的,有禮貌的,謙恭的

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 孤掷一注在线观看| 美姐妹| 永远的日本电影| 拯救大兵| 4480午夜| 质量教育培训的首要内容是() (单选题) | 应晖是谁演的| 地铁电影| 《与凤行》演员表| 成人在线| 野性狂欢大派对| 维拉·法梅加| 暗恋桃花源剧本| 床上黄色片| 爱情陷阱| 女怕嫁错郎演员表| 说木叶原文| 池田夏希| 命运的逆转| 疯狗强尼电影完整版在线观看| 电影《埋葬巴斯托》| 好看电影视频| free hd xxxx moms movie777| 尤勇个人资料简介简历| 索溪峪的野阅读及答案| ..k| 杨颖电影| 掐脖子自制短视频| 黄网站免费观看| 鲫鱼汤怎么做好喝视频教程| 湖南卫视节目表| 春江英雄之秀才遇到兵| 三年级下册语文第五单元作文奇妙的想象 | 骆文博| 湖南金鹰卡通节目表| 户田惠子| 迷夜电影| 日日夜精品视频| 男同视频在线| 七十二小时| 3d成人国产同人动漫焰灵姬|