I was asked last year to give a speech
去年我曾被邀請在
at the Oslo Freedom Forum.
奧斯陸自由論壇上做演講
I was surrounded by this love
我覺得我周圍
and the support of people around me,
都是來自人們的愛與支持
and they looked at me as an inspiration.
他們覺得我可以激勵他們
At the same time, I flew back to my home country,
不久,我飛回祖國
they hated that speech so much.
發現他們痛恨那次演講
The way they called it: a betrayal to the Saudi country
他們稱之為,對沙特國家
and the Saudi people,
及人民的背叛
and they even started a hashtag called OsloTraitor on Twitter.
甚至有人在推特上建了個“審判奧斯陸演講”的話題
Some 10,000 tweets were written in that hashtag,
在那個話題下有約一萬條消息
while the opposite hashtag, OsloHero,
反觀“奧斯陸英雄”這個話題
there was like a handful of tweets written.
也有約120條消息
They even started a poll.
人們甚至開始投票表決
More than 13,000 voters answered this poll:
有約1萬3千人參加了投票
whether they considered me a traitor or not after that speech.
選我是個罪犯,還是個英雄
Ninety percent said yes, she's a traitor.
百分之九十的人表示,她是個罪犯
So it's these two totally different perceptions
這對我來說是兩種
of my personality.
完全不同的觀點
For me, I'm a proud Saudi woman,
我身為沙特女性而驕傲
and I do love my country,
我也熱愛我的國家
and because I love my country, I'm doing this.
正因為我熱愛我的國家,我從事這些
Because I believe a society will not be free
因為我覺得如果這個社會中的女性不自由
if the women of that society are not free.
這個社會也不會自由
Thank you.
謝謝