Jack:I've had it. I'm going to start treating women like dirt.
杰克:我受夠了。我得對女人使點壞了。
I'd get more dates.
我要更多的去約會。
Alison:What brought this on?
艾莉森:這是怎么回事?
Jack:I got dumped again by a woman who thinks I'm too nice-too nice!
杰克:我再次被一個女人甩了,理由是她認為我這個人得實在太好了,太好了!
She says she wants to be with someone who's more assertive and unpredictable.
她說自己想要同更有主張且捉摸不定的人在一起。
She didn't say it in so many words, but that means she thinks I'm a wimp and I'm boring.
她沒有太多言語,但代表著她覺得我是一個懦夫,我無聊至極。
Alison:My guess is she wants a bad boy.
艾莉森:我猜她想要個壞男孩。
A lot of women go through that phase.
很多女人都會經歷這樣的階段。
We want excitement and drama, the thrill of the chase.
我們希望興奮,大場面,還有男女追逐的刺激。
Jack:You mean they choose to be with selfish, irresponsible jerks because it's exciting?
杰克:你的意思是女人希望與自私自利,不負責任的混蛋在一起,就是因為令人興奮?
Alison:I hate to say it, but it's true.
艾莉森:我討厭這樣說,但的確如此。
But I'm telling you, this phase doesn't last in most women.
但我得告訴你, 大多數女性這樣的階段都不會持續太久。
When we want to settle down, that's when we look for the nice guys.
當我們想要安定下來的時候,我們就希望尋找好男人。
Jack:You mean I have to wait until then to get a nice girlfriend?
杰克:你的意思是我得等到那個時候才能找到一位好女友?
Alison:No, I simply mean that until then, nice guys finish last.
艾莉森:不,我只是說到那時,好男人永遠排名最后。
Jack:Well, I'm not willing to wait.
杰克:嗯,我可不想死等。
Alison:Where are you going?
艾莉森:你要去哪里?
Jack:I'm going to work on my swagger and my sneer.
杰克:我得增加點自大及嘲諷的技能。