卡羅爾:再給吉布里斯公司發一份備忘錄。
I think we have our wires crossed again.
我想剛才又是線路混亂。
Art:Don't you think it would be better to call the office and speak to someone there?
亞特:你不覺得最好是打電話過去口頭傳達下好么?
You might be able to get to the bottom of the misunderstanding more quickly.
你或許更快地了解達究竟是哪里出現問題。
Carol:I don't speak Gibberish and we don't have anyone bilingual in the office to act as an interpreter.
卡羅爾:我不會說吉布里斯語,而且我們辦公室沒有任何會雙語的人能充當翻譯。
Art:Which means there's no one who could translate our correspondence into Gibberish to make things easier.
亞特:這意味著沒有人可以將我們的信件翻譯成吉布里斯語使得事情更為容易。
Carol:That's right. And plus, leaving a paper trail is better.
卡羅爾:的確如此。而且留下紙質文件會更好。
Art:You mean in case we have to cover our asses.
亞特:你的意思以免我們得為自己留條后路。
Carol:I wouldn't put it like that, but breakdowns in communication are inevitable and it's always helpful to be able to trace their source.
卡羅爾:我不會像你那樣想,但交流中存在問題不可避免,而且能夠追蹤他們的來源會很有幫助。
Art:Right. Okay, I'll draft a memo and pass it by you before I send it, okay?
亞特:好的。好吧,我馬上起草一份備忘錄,我發送前請你通過,好嗎?
Carol:Sounds good.
卡羅爾:聽起來不錯。
Art:What I don't understand is why we don't simply hire people for this office who are fluent in Gibberish.
亞特:我不理解的是為什么我們不單純雇個能流利講一口吉布里斯語的人。
Carol:Do you know anyone who speaks Gibberish?
卡羅爾:你認識會說吉布里斯語的人嗎?
Art:Plenty!
亞特:一抓一大把!