里維:再對我講一遍為什么周六下午我們要來這里。
Nicholas:You're going to love this museum.
尼古拉斯:你會愛上這座博物館的。
It has artifacts and exhibits from all the major periods in history, from prehistoric days to the present.
這里展出的是人類歷史上所有主要時期的工件和展品,從史前時代到現在一應俱全。
Livy:Hmm, fascinating.
里維:嗯,引人入勝哈。
Nicholas:It is, isn't it?
尼古拉斯:是不是?
We follow the timeline of human history from one room to the next. See?
我們會遵循人類歷史的進程一個接一個的房間看。看到了嗎?
This room is devoted to ancient history and ancient civilizations.
這房間是古老歷史及古文明。
Livy:Is there a gift shop?
里維:有禮品店嗎?
Nicholas:Sure, there's one on the way out, but let me show you a few things in this room.
尼古拉斯:當然,我們會遇到的,但讓我給你看下這房間里的一些東西。
It's all about the Middle Ages.
這里涵蓋中世紀的全部。
Check this out. Doesn't it blow your mind?
看看這個。有沒有點錯亂的感覺?
Livy:Yeah, wow, great. Actually, it's all kind of dull.
里維:是的,哇,太棒了。實際上,都有點無聊。
Isn't there something more exciting to see?
沒有更令人興奮的了嗎?
Nicholas:You want excitement?
尼古拉斯:你希望尋求刺激?
Then let's skip ahead to the rooms on the Renaissance. Look at this!
那我們直接去文藝復興的房間。看看這個!
Livy:This is all great, but I've seen enough. Let's keep going.
里維:都很棒,但我已經看夠了。我們繼續下一個吧。
Nicholas:We're rushing past the best exhibits, but if you want to keep going, I guess we can do that.
尼古拉斯:我們會錯過最好的展覽,但如果你執意這樣,我想也可以。
These next rooms are devoted to more recent history, the Industrial Revolution and pre- and post- World War years.
下面的房間是近代歷史,工業革命和世界大戰前后的展覽。
Livy:Is there anything else?
里維:還有什么?
Nicholas:You mean you're done looking at over 3,000 years of historical exhibits?
尼古拉斯:你的意思是看完了擁有3000多年歷史的展覽嗎?
This is one of the best museums in the world.
這是世界上最好的一座博物館。
I could spend all weekend here.
我整個周末都可以在這里。
Livy:That's because you're a history buff.
里維:因為你是個歷史迷。
Hey, that room is about the Information Age.
嘿,那個房間是信息時代的展覽。
Do you think I can check my email in there?
你覺得我可以在那里查看下我的電子郵件嗎?
Nicholas:sigh.
尼古拉斯:唉。