弗吉尼亞:遞給我那把螺絲刀,好嗎?
Alonso:Don't tell me you're trying to fix that dryer yourself.
阿隆索:別告訴我你想自己修理那臺烘干機。
We need to call in an authorized repairman or repairwoman.
我們需要打電話叫專業維修人員來。
Virginia:Do you have any idea what they'll charge?
弗吉尼亞:你覺得他們會收費嗎?
Alonso:All right, then I'll call a handyman and see if he knows anything about fixing dryers.
阿隆索:好吧,那么我馬上叫個能工巧匠過來看看他會不會搗鼓烘干機。
Virginia:If he doesn't, he might make matters worse.
弗吉尼亞:如果不會的話,他可能會讓機器變得更糟。
I think it's just a matter of clearing a clog or replacing a worn component.
我認為只要清理堵塞或更換磨損的零件就可以。
Alonso:Yes, but which one?
阿隆索:的確如此,但哪里出現問題了呢?
We should just upgrade to a newer model.
我們應該升級到新的款式。
Virginia:This dryer does not need to be replaced.
弗吉尼亞:這臺烘干機不需要更新換代。
It's not that old.
還沒那么舊。
Alonso:But it's been on the fritz on and off for a year.
阿隆索:但它已經壞了1年了。
Virginia:I don't want to throw out a perfectly good appliance just because of a minor problem.
弗吉尼亞:我不想僅僅因為一個小問題就扔掉這樣一臺完美的機器。
Alonso:Well, this “minor problem” is the reason I had to walk to work in damp clothes this morning.
阿隆索:嗯,就是你口中的“小問題”使我今天早上不得不穿著濕衣服走路上班。
Virginia:That wasn't so bad, was it?
弗吉尼亞:沒那么糟糕,是嗎?
Alonso:In the middle of winter?!
阿隆索:在這冷天還不糟嗎? !
You try walking with icicles in the most uncomfortable places!
你試試走在冰柱中最不舒服的地方的感覺!