1、mess up
搞砸;弄糟
When politicians mess things up, it is the people who pay the price...
政客們把事情搞砸的時候,埋單的是老百姓。
He had messed up one career.
他把一份工作弄砸了。
弄臟;弄亂
I hope they haven't messed up your video tapes.
我希望他們沒把您的錄像帶弄亂。
干擾;攪亂;使不得安寧
That really messed them up, especially the boys.
那件事真把他們攪得天翻地覆,男孩子們尤受其害。
2、hang out
晾曬(洗好的衣物)
I was worried I wouldn't be able to hang my washing out.
我擔心自己沒法把洗好的衣服晾出去。
閑逛,逗留
I often used to hang out in supermarkets.
我過去經常在超市里逛個沒完。
We can just hang out and have a good time.
我們可以只是閑逛一下,開開心。
3、perform
做,執行,履行(尤指復雜的任務或行動)
We're looking for people of all ages who have performed outstanding acts of bravery, kindness or courage.
我們正在尋找那些見義勇為、樂于助人、勇氣可嘉的人,年齡不限。
His council had had to perform miracles on a tiny budget.
他的委員會不得不以極少的預算去創造奇跡。
起…作用;有…功能
A complex engine has many separate components, each performing a different function.
一個復雜發動機有很多獨立零部件,每個零部件具有不同作用。
(人)表現良好/很差;(事物)運轉良好/糟糕
He had not performed well in his exams.
他考試沒考好。
England performed so well against France at Wembley.
在溫布利球場上,英格蘭隊表現出色,擊敗了法國隊。