Going to California, the happiest day of my life.
去加州真是我一生中最快樂的一天
Joseph had promised me that one day we would go to California.
約瑟夫早就答應過我 有天要帶我們去加州
l'd tell him, 'No, ' l said, 'Your promise came true,
我告訴他 不 你的承諾是兌現了
'but you didn't bring me there, the children did. '
但不是你帶我來的 是孩子們
Berry Gordy was having a party for Diana Ross.
貝瑞·戈迪正在為黛安娜·羅絲辦派對
lt was her birthday.
剛好是她生日
so he asked us to perform at this party for Diana,
他要我們在黛安娜的生日會上演出
and of course we did.
我們當然答應了
And at that party was, like, the Temptations, Smokey, the VandeIIas,
派對宴客有誘惑合唱團 史摩基 范達拉
the supremes, Four Tops.
至上女聲三重唱 四頂尖
And here we are performing their songs to them.
我們卻在場唱他們的歌 給他們聽
so we was quite nervous.
非常的緊張
l first met Michael, he was, l think he was 10 years old.
我第一次遇到邁克爾時 他應該才十歲吧
He was flown out with his brothers
跟他的兄長一起飛來
to sing for Berry Gordy, Jr.
為小貝瑞·戈迪演出
Berry had invited a bunch of people up to his home.
貝瑞請了許多人來家里
This little bitry thing came in and he sat down next to me
這小不點跑來坐在我旁邊
and he looked at me and he says, 'And who are you? '
看著我問 你是誰啊?
l said, "l'm Dionne Warwick. Who are you?"
我回 我是狄昂·華薇克 那你又是誰啊?
"l'm Michael Jackson."
我是邁克爾·杰克遜
l said, 'Nice to know you, Michael Jackson.
我說 邁克爾·杰克遜 幸會
And what do you do, Michael Jackson? '
你是做什么的 邁克爾·杰克遜?
He says, 'Oh, l sing. '
他說 噢 我唱歌啊
l said, 'You sing? Can you sing? '
我問 唱歌? 你會唱歌嗎?
He said, 'Yes, l can sing. '
他回我 會 我會唱歌
l mean, little feisty, beautiful young boy.
一個有沖勁又漂亮的小男孩
l said, 'Well, that's what we're here for.
我說 我們就是為了這個來的
We're gonna see if you can sing. '
我們來看你們會不會唱歌