I didn't have to think about the notes.
對這些調子已經不需多加思索。
And after some time, this perception became a feeling.
再過一段時間,這種知覺就變成了一種感覺。
I started to have favorite colors,
我開始有了喜歡的顏色,
and I started to dream in colors.
我的夢里也開始有了色彩。
So, when I started to dream in color is when I felt that the software and my brain had united,
所以,當我有了彩色的夢時,我知道這個軟件已經和我大腦合為一體了,
because in my dreams, it was my brain creating electronic sounds. It wasn't the software,
因為在夢里,是我的大腦在制造電子聲音,而非這個軟件,
so that's when I started to feel like a cyborg.
此時我覺得自己像個半機械人。
It's when I started to feel that the cybernetic device was no longer a device.
我開始意識到這個神經控制裝置不再僅是一個電子裝置。
It had become a part of my body,
它已經成為我身體的一部分,
an extension of my senses,
我知覺的一種延伸,
and after some time, it even became a part of my official image.
不久之后,它甚至成了我官方形象不可分割的一部分。
This is my passport from 2004.
這是我2004年的護照。
You're not allowed to appear on U.K. passports with electronic equipment, but I insisted to the passport office that what they were seeing,
在英國的護照相片上,你是不能戴任何電子裝備的,但我堅持跟護照處的人說,你們看到的,
was actually a new part of my body,
其實是我身體新的一部分,
an extension of my brain, and they finally accepted me to appear with the passport photo.
是我大腦的延伸,最后他們同意了讓我以這樣的形象出現在護照上。
So, life has changed dramatically since I hear color,
所以自從我能聽見顏色,我的生活發生了翻天覆地的變化
because color is almost everywhere,
因為顏色無處不在,
so the biggest change for example is going to an art gallery, I can listen to a Picasso,
最大的改變就是去藝術畫廊,例如,我能聽到畢加索了。
for example. So it's like I'm going to a concert hall,
這感覺就像去音樂廳,
because I can listen to the paintings.
因為我能到聽到那些繪畫作品。
And supermarkets, I find this is very shocking,
還有超市,這真心讓我驚訝,
it's very, very attractive to walk along a supermarket.
在超市里漫步真的非常,非常吸引人。
It's like going to a nightclub.
就像去泡夜吧一樣。
It's full of different melodies. Yeah.
耳邊總響起不同的旋律。是這樣的。
Especially the aisle with cleaning products.
尤其是那條賣清潔用品的過道。
It's just fabulous.
真是太神奇了。
Also, the way I dress has changed.
而且,我穿著的方式也變了。
Before, I used to dress in a way that it looked good.
以前,我只穿看起來還行的。