Yeah.What is it? What do you want?
喂,什么事?你要干嘛?
You sell sandwiches and pop here, don’t you?
你們這里有沒有賣三明治和汽水?
Yeah, we do in the daytime. But we’re closed up for the night.
有賣啊,但我們只有在白天才賣,晚上不做生意。
I know, but I was wondering if you could possibly let me have a cup of coffee. Black coffee,just.”
我知道,可是我想你們也許可以賣給我一杯咖啡,不加糖的咖啡,就這樣。
Not at this time of night, mister. My wife’s the cook and she's in bed. ”
這么晚了,不行,先生。我太太掌廚,她已經睡了。
Don’t shut the door, please.
請你不要把門關上。
Listen, just a minute ago, just a minute ago, there was a man standing here, right beside the stand a suspicious looking man.
聽我說,就在一分鐘前,就在一分鐘前,有個人站在那兒,就在攤子的旁邊,一個形跡可疑的男子。
I don’t mean to disturb you, but you see, I was driving along when I just happened to look and there he was.
我不是故意要打擾你,可是你瞧,我開車經過時,剛巧就看見他在那兒。
What was he doing?
他那兒做啥?
Nothing
什么事也沒。
You've been taking a nip.
你是不是喝了酒?
That's what you've been doing. Now on your way before I call out Sheriff Polks. ”
一定是的。現在,快走吧,不然我要打電話叫波克斯警長來。