Let me explain about his appearance before I go on.
在繼續說下去之前,我先形容一下他的外表。
I repeat: there was nothing sinister about him.
我重述一遍:他長相看來并不邪惡。
He was as drab as a mud fence, nor was his attitude menacing.
反而單調的像土圍墻似的,他的表情也沒有威脅感。
He merely stood there waiting, almost drooping a little, the cheap overnight bag in his hand.
他只是站在那兒等待,有點兒垂頭喪氣,手上提著那個廉價的旅行袋。
He looked as though he'd been waiting there for hours and he looked up,he hailed me.
他看起來仿佛已在那兒等了好幾個鐘頭,然后他抬起頭來,向我打招呼,
He started to walk forward.
朝我走來。
Hellooo. Hellooo. Hellooo.
哈啰,哈啰,哈啰。
No, not just now, sorry.
不行,現在不行,對不起。
Going to California?
往加利福尼亞州?
No, not today. The other way. I'm going to New York. Sorry! ”
不是的,今天不去那兒。我往另一個方向,往紐約。很抱歉!