Robert had shame enough to blush. It was not the same, he complained. Ser Barristan was a knight of the Kingsguard.
勞勃還知道紅臉。那不一樣,他抱怨,巴利斯坦爵士是御林鐵衛的騎士。
Whereas Daenerys is a fourteen-year-old girl. Ned knew he was pushing this well past the point of wisdom, yet he could not keep silent.
而丹妮莉絲只是個十四歲的小女孩。奈德知道這樣步步進逼很不理智,然而他無法保持緘默。
Robert, I ask you, what did we rise against Aerys Targaryen for, if not to put an end to the murder of children?
勞勃,我問你,當初我們興兵對抗伊里斯·坦格利安,不就是為了要阻止他繼續謀害孩童嗎?
To put an end to Targaryens! the king growled.
我們是要殺光坦格利安家的人!國王咆哮。
Your Grace, I never knew you to fear Rhaegar. Ned fought to keep the scorn out of his voice, and failed.
陛下,記得從前連雷加也嚇不倒你,奈德努力克制口氣中的輕蔑,卻失敗了。
Have the years so unmanned you that you tremble at the shadow of an unborn child?
難道經過這么些年,您的膽子卻變得如此之小,連個還未出生的孩子的陰影都能讓您顫抖了么?
Robert purpled. No more, Ned, he warned, pointing. Not another word. Have you forgotten who is king here?
勞勃臉色發紫。奈德,不要再說了。他指著他發出警告,一個字都不許再說。莫非你忘了誰才是國王?
No, Your Grace, Ned replied. Have you?
啟稟陛下,我沒忘。奈德回答,敢情您也沒忘吧?
Enough! the king bellowed. I am sick of talk. I'll be done with this, or be damned. What say you all?
夠了!國王大吼,我懶得再費口舌。我要是不殺她,必遭天譴。你們意見如何?
She must be killed, Lord Renly declared.
該殺。藍禮公爵表示。
We have no choice, murmured Varys. Sadly, sadly.
我們別無選擇,瓦里斯喃喃道,可惜啊,可惜…
Ser Barristan Selmy raised his pale blue eyes from the table and said,
巴利斯坦·賽爾彌爵士從桌上揚起那雙淡藍色的眼睛,
Your Grace, there is honor in facing an enemy on the battlefield, but none in killing him in his mother's womb.
陛下,在戰場上與敵人交鋒是件光榮的事,但人還沒出生就動手卻不光彩。
Forgive me, but I must stand with Lord Eddard.
請您原諒,我必須站在艾德大人這邊。

背景介紹:
《權力的游戲》是一部中世紀史詩奇幻題材的電視連續劇。該劇以美國作家喬治·R·R·馬丁的奇幻巨作《冰與火之歌》七部曲為基礎改編創作,由大衛·貝尼奧夫和丹尼爾·威斯編劇、HBO電視網推出。喬治·雷蒙德·理查德·馬丁是歐美奇幻小說大師。馬丁的作品主要以人物為關注點,描寫細膩豐富,突破了幻想文學界固有的創作模式,多次引領閱讀潮流。由于馬丁的輝煌成就,他被譽為美國的托爾金和新世紀的海明威。從1989年開始,馬丁淡出文學界,轉而投身演藝界發展,1996年他才重返文壇而開始奇幻文學的創作,處女作便是《權力的游戲》,即為《冰與火之歌》的首部曲。《權力的游戲》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻獎和星云獎年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不記名奇幻作品投票中,《冰與火之歌》儼然已經可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者網站的訪問量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.羅琳等不相上下,其受歡迎的程度可見一斑。喬治馬丁被時代雜志評選為2011年影響世界的一百人之一。