實習,Internship, 是從學校邁向職場的跨越,也是從舊環境到新工作的提前融入。到達實習單位的第一天是最令人興奮也是最緊張的,要和陌生的同事認識,要和老板見面,要帶領自己盡快適應實習工作環境,實習的新鮮感總是給人留下難忘的印象
Dialogue 2:
(The top dog, Mrs. Zhang , introduces herself to the new intern, Xiao Gao)
(公司老板張女士在向新來的實習生小高介紹自己)
Mrs. Zhang: Hi, Xiao Gao,welcome to the company and congratulations,you beat out 6 other candidates for the position.
張女士:嗨,小高,歡迎加入公司。要恭喜你打敗了6個其他的競爭者才得到這個職位。
Xiao Gao: That's great! Could I know what made you decide I was the right person?
小高:哇,真的嗎,我能知道是什么讓你們選擇了我嗎?
Mrs. Zhang: Well, I think the clincher was your references,your last employer was over the moon about your work habits.
張女士:嗯,我想讓我們選擇你的決定性因素是你的推薦信,你上一個雇主高度贊賞你的工作表現。
Xiao Gao: Oh, yeah, Mr.Dodds, he was a super boss to work for, I gave the position my all.
小高:哦,道茲先生,他是一個非常好的老板,我為了做好我的工作盡了一切努力。
Mrs. Zhang: Well, I hopeyou'll be able to find a home here with us, there's nothing but open road between you and your goals.
張女士:嗯,我希望你在這里也能找到家的感覺,我們有很多機會提供給你讓你實現你的夢想。
Xiao Gao: Thanks, Mrs.Zhang, I appreciate the support, this is a hugeleap for me, totally uncharted territory.
小高:謝謝張女士,我非常感謝您的支持,這份工作對我來說是一個很大的飛躍,也是一個完全嶄新的領域。
Mrs. Zhang: Have faith, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd like you to sit in on some training seminars during your first week here. Jingjing will be there every step of the way.
張女士:給自己點兒信心,沒有冒險哪來的收獲?我希望你在第一周能參加一些培訓會,有什么問題京晶會隨時幫助你的。
Xiao Gao: I just want to express my gratitude once again, I consider myself very fortunate to be workingf or an industry leader.
小高:再次感謝您,能在這樣一個在行業里處于領先地位的公司里工作,我感到非常幸運。
Mrs. Zhang: Sounds good, welcome aboard!
張女士:非常好,歡迎加入。
習語短語
1. beat out = 打敗,獲勝
2. clincher = 決定因素
3. over the moon = 大加贊揚
4. my all = 盡一切努力
5. open road = 機會
6. huge leap = 巨大的進步,巨大的飛躍
7. uncharted territory = 嶄新的領域,新的經歷
8. Nothing ventured, nothinggained. = 沒有冒險何來成功,沒有付出何來收獲。
9. every step of the way = 每一步,從頭到尾
10. industry leader = 行業中的領袖
11. Welcome aboard! = 歡迎加入!