實習,Internship, 是從學校邁向職場的跨越,也是從舊環境到新工作的提前融入。到達實習單位的第一天是最令人興奮也是最緊張的,要和陌生的同事認識,要和老板見面,要帶領自己盡快適應實習工作環境,實習的新鮮感總是給人留下難忘的印象
Dialogue 1:
(The new intern, Xiao Gao,talks things over with his colleague Jingjing)
(新來的實習生小高正在和他的同事京晶說話)
Jingjing: Welcome to the organization, Xiao Gao, I'm here to show you the ropes, and answer any questions you might have.
京晶:歡迎加入我們公司,小高,我來幫你熟悉熟悉環境,你有任何問題都可以問我。
Xiao Gao: Thanks,Jingjing, I'm a little nervous but I hope I can pick up some tricks of the trade.
小高:謝謝京晶,我有點兒緊張,但是我希望今天能學學這個行業的工作方式。
Jingjing: First things first, let's get you settled into a desk, how about a window seat?
京晶:首先,我先幫你找一個辦公桌吧,一個靠窗的位置怎么樣?
Xiao Gao: Sounds good,when do I get to meet the top dog?
小高:聽起來不錯,我什么時候要見老板呢?
Jingjing: I'm not sure,could be today if she's not busy.
京晶:我不確定,如果她不忙的話可能就是今天。
Xiao Gao: Do you need me on hand for anything special?
小高:你今天有什么特別的事情需要我留出時間幫你做嗎?
Jingjing: No, not for now, you just get settled in, talk to the people in Administration if there's something special you need.
京晶:今天不需要,你只要安頓下來就好,如果你需要任何東西就跟行政部說。
Xiao Gao: Thanks again,Jingjing, for walking me through this.
小高:再次感謝京晶,謝謝你幫我熟悉新的環境。
Jingjing: Don't mention it.
京晶:不用客氣。
習語短語
1. show you the ropes = 指導一個新手,帶新手熟悉環境
2. tricks of the trade = 行業秘密
3. first things first = 首先
4. window seat = 靠窗的位置
5. top dog = 老板
6. on hand = 留出空來
7. settle in = 安頓下來
8. walk someone through this = 教某人如何做某事