麗莎:這方法可行。我煙戒的很好。
Michael:Good for you. Are you going cold turkey?
邁克爾:這對你有好處。你要堅持到底嗎?
Lisa:No, I tried that, but it didn't work.
麗莎:不,我以前也嘗試過,但沒有效果。
I craved cigarettes too much.
我還是過于渴望香煙。
Michael:How about nicotine gum? Have you tried that?
邁克爾:尼古丁口香糖怎么樣?你試過嗎?
Lisa:Yes, but I didn't like the side effects. It irritated my throat.
麗莎:是的,但我不喜歡它的副作用。讓我的喉嚨不舒服。
Michael:That's too bad. I suppose you've tried nicotine patches, too?
邁克爾:太糟了。我想你也嘗試過尼古丁貼片了吧?
Lisa:Yes, I have. I became addicted to the patches and couldn't wean myself off of them.
麗莎:是的,我當然試過了。我對貼片上癮而且根本無法戒掉。
I just traded one addiction for another.
我的癮從一個轉到了另一個。
Michael:And electronic cigarettes?
邁克爾:電子香煙呢?
Lisa:They only made me want to smoke a real cigarette.
麗莎:他們只讓我想抽真正的香煙。
They were no help at all.
一丁點幫助也沒有。
Michael:So, what now?
邁克爾:那現在該怎么辦?
Lisa:I'm going to try hypnosis.
麗莎:我要試試催眠療法。
I hear that it works for some people.
我聽說對一些人有效。
Michael:And if that doesn't work?
邁克爾:如果對你沒用怎么辦?
Lisa:The last resort is acupuncture.
麗莎:最后手段就是針灸療法。
Some people say that's effective for quitting smoking.
有些人認為那對戒煙非常有效。
Michael:If you say so.
邁克爾:如果你這么說的話。
Sometimes the cure is truly worse than the disease!
有時藥物真的比疾病還更嚴重!