杰梅因:等等!你在拍賣中不應該現在就出價。
Wait until the last minute.
等到最后一刻再下手。
Bethany:This auction has a buy-it-now price of 25 and free shipping.
貝塔尼:這次拍賣有25美元的一口價而且還能免費送貨。
Jermaine:Don't pay the buy-it-now price.
杰梅因:不要付一口價。
The minimum bid on this item is 10 and the current bid is only 12.50.
這件商品最低投標價是10美元,而當前只出價到12.50美元。
There's no reserve, so if you wait to bid, you may snag it for a much lower price than 25.
沒有心里價位,所以如果你等著出價,你的價格可能遠低于25美元。
Bethany:Okay, I guess I can wait, but why can't I place a bid of 15 right now?
貝塔尼:好吧,我想可以等等,但為什么現在不能出價15美元?
Jermaine:First of all, the bidding on this auction goes up by increments of 50-cents, so the next bid would be 13.00.
杰梅因:首先,這次拍賣的標價會增加50美分,所以接下來的價格是13美元。
You could place a maximum bid of 15.00, but someone might outbid you at any time.
你可以設置15美元的最高出價,但任何時間有人的出價都可能高于你。
Bethany:But couldn't that happen anyway?
貝塔尼:但要是不行呢?
Even if I wait until the last minute someone could sneak in and bid a higher price.
即使我等到最后一刻,有人也可以偷偷進來并且出更高的價格。
Jermaine:You mean they could snipe you?
杰梅因:你的意思是他們可以狙擊你?
They could, but not if you snipe them back.
可以的,但你也可以還擊回去。
It's all in the timing.
時機最為關鍵。
Bethany:You seem to know a lot about online auctions.
貝塔尼:你似乎了解很多關于網上拍賣的事情。
Jermaine:That item you're bidding on, guess who listed it?
杰梅因:你競標的東西,猜猜誰已經捷足先登了?