Ok... I kid you not, as soon as I turned on the camera my heart just like immediately started beating really hard.
好吧。我不騙你,一打開攝像頭我的心臟就開始怦怦直跳。
But I'm going to deal with it because I have something to tell you guys.
但是我會去面對。因為我有一件事要告訴你們。
I've been wanting to do this for a long time I just felt like I couldn't.
我想這樣做已經很久了,但是一直沒有勇氣。
I felt like it was my fault.
我覺得好像是我的錯。
I needed to learn to love myself before I could expect other people to love me for that.
在期待別人愛我之前,我得先學會愛我自己。
Why am I ashamed of who I am?
為什么我要為我是誰而感到羞愧?
I'm not "passing" as anything, I'm "being."
我不會逃避,我會面對這樣的自己。
I'm about to tell my mom. I'm kind of like freaking out right now.
我要告訴我媽媽了。我現在緊張的要死。
We just wanted to like call and... and tell you. Because I'm tired of hiding and tired of lying by omission.
我們只是想給你打個電話告訴你。因為我厭倦了躲藏,我厭倦了用回避來撒謊。
Dad, I'm gay.
爸爸,我是同性戀。
It feels so good to say that it feels so good.
能說出來真是感覺太棒了,感覺太棒了。
Do you still love me? I still love you, son.
你還愛我嗎?我還愛你,兒子。
Nothing would stop me from loving you, my dear.
沒有任何事能阻止我愛你,親愛的。
I love you kid. I love you too.
我愛你,孩子。我也愛你。
I feel nothing but support from the people around me.
我身邊給予我的都是支持。
Why should they be denied the right to share their life together?
為什么他們不能擁有和彼此共度一生的權利?
You are voting for the first time in the history of our state, to codify discrimination into our constitution.
你們是本州歷史上第一次想通過投票把歧視寫進憲法。
I hope you will stand on the right side of history.
我希望你們能站到歷史的正確一方。
My son is not an issue, he is a person just like you.
我的兒子并不是問題,他和你一樣同樣是個人。
It is time. It is time to give our loving gay and lesbian couples the right to a marriage license.
是時候了,是時候給予我們有愛的同性戀情侶們結婚的權利了。
"Ayes" 33. "Nays" 29.
33票贊成,29票反對。
Today I finally get to look at the man that I love and finally say, will you please marry me?
今天我終于可以看著我心愛的男人,終于可以說,你愿意和我結婚嗎?
Every single American deserves to be treated equally in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of our society.
每個美國人在法律,在社會面前都應當受到平等的對待。
Do you promise to be a respectful and loving companion? I do...
你愿意承諾做一個相敬相愛的伴侶嗎?我愿意……
You may now kiss the bride. The grooms may kiss.
你現在可以親吻新娘了。新郎們可以親吻了。