As you know, the Supreme Court’s decision on Friday in favor of same sex marriage is just controversial.
眾所周知,最高法院周五裁定的同性婚姻合法化決議飽受爭議。
Some people just don't like it, they don't believe in it, and they don't think it's right.
有些人不喜歡,不贊同,認為這是錯誤的。
One of the most common arguments you hear is, “How do I explain this to my kids?”
我們聽到的最通常的爭議就是:我該怎樣向孩子們解釋呢?
And it's a very good question, at the very leastit's a very fair question.
這是個好問題,至少是無可厚非的問題。
You wonder if children are sophisticated enough to wrap their heads around something like this, so we went out on the street to ask kids what they think and what they know.And here they are, kids sharing their thoughts on same sex marriage.
大家都想知道孩子們是否足夠成熟來理解這件事。因此我們去街上采訪孩子們,問問他們對同性婚姻的看法和了解。
Could you tell me what gay marriage is?
你能告訴我什么是同性婚姻嗎?
It's when two men and two women get married.
就是兩個男人和兩個女人結婚。
It's, so, when four people get married?
所以意思是四個人一起結婚嘍?
No.
不是的。
Could you tell us what gay marriage is?
你能告訴我們什么是同性婚姻嗎?
I know nothing about that yet.
對此我什么都不知道。
You don't know nothing about it?
你什么都不知道?
Why would anyone wanna get married?
人們為什么要結婚呢?
Because they love each other and they just feel connection really.
因為他們彼此相愛,有了羈絆。
Do you think it's a good thing?
你覺得這是件好事兒么?
Yeah.
是的。
Do you know what make somebody gay?
你知道什么是同性戀么?
Yeah. what?
知道。什么?
I got a broken leg.
我摔斷了一條腿。
When should two people get married?
兩個人應該什么時候結婚呢?
In the afternoon.
下午。
That's a good time to get married.
這的確是個結婚的好時候。
Do you know what marriage is?
你知道什么是婚姻么?
Yes.
知道。
What is it?
是什么呢?
It's when a husband and a wife get married.
丈夫和妻子結婚。
So what do you think gay marriage is?
你覺得同性婚姻是什么呢?
When a boy and a boy get married, and a girl and a girl get married.
男孩兒和男孩兒結婚,女孩兒和女孩兒結婚。
Ah, you are right. You think it's very hard to understand?
你說對了。你覺得這難以理解么?
For some kids.
對有些孩子來說吧。
But not for you?
你不覺得么?
No, not really.
不會,算不上。
Do you think anybody should be able to get married?
你覺得人們什么時候該結婚?
If you are old enough.
足夠大的時候。
Very wise.
很機智嘛。
Ah. Do you wanna get married?
你想結婚么?
Yes.
想啊。
When?
什么時候結呢?
When I'm thrity.
我30歲的時候。
Why would someone want to get married?
為什么人們想結婚呢?
Ah. Because they are pregnant?
因為她們懷孕了?
Because they are pregnant? Could you tell us what gay marriage is?
因為她們懷孕了?你能告訴大家同性婚姻是啥么?
Ah. When a boy marries another boy.
男孩兒跟男孩兒結婚。
Ok, could it be when a girl meets...ah... marries another girl?
好的。可以是女孩兒跟女孩兒結婚么?
Ah. No.
不可以。
Just a boy meeting another boy?
只能是男孩兒跟男孩兒結婚?
Yeah.
是的。
Wow, what would be call if a girl married another girl?
喔,那女孩兒跟女孩兒結婚該叫啥呢?
lesbianism.
女同性戀主義。
Do you think anybody should be able to get married if they want to?
你覺得人們都應該想結婚就能結婚嗎?
Ah. Yes.
當然。
How come?
為什么呢?
Well. Because if they want to, they should be able to.
因為他們想做,就應該有去做的權利。
Would you want to get married?
你想結婚么?
Uh...Not really.
不太想。
How come?
為啥?
Because when you get married, the other person is entitle to any money on the other person hands.
因為如果你結婚了的話,另一個人就有權力瓜分你的財產了。
So it's a financial issue for you? Yeah.
所以這對你來說是一個財務問題嘍? 是的。