But with a little training, dogs can accurately pick out a cancerous patient from a selection of urine samples.
只要稍加訓練狗就能準確地在眾多尿檢樣品中分辨出誰有癌癥。
They can even be taught to let diabetics like Stephen know that his blood sugar levels are smelling low long before he can feel it and definitely before he passes out.
它們還能讓史蒂夫這樣的糖尿病患者知道自己聞起來血糖過低,早在史蒂夫感覺不對勁,甚至暈倒之前。
Dogs like Stephen's are now transforming lives all over the country.
史蒂夫的狗及其同類正在改善全英人民的生活。
They're being trained to detect the early warning signals for severe allergic reactions, epileptic fits and narcolepsy.
我們訓練它們檢測早期發病征兆,主要針對嚴重過敏反應、癲癇和嗜睡癥。
Our dog has also done something remarkable.
我們的狗狗也做了一件無與倫比的事。
She's done more than just qualify to be a guide dog.
她表現優異,遠超導盲犬的合格線。
She's done so well in all her tests that Guide Dogs For The Blind would like her to be a mother to the next generation.
她的所有測試都十分優秀,導盲犬協會甚至決定讓她成為下一代導盲犬的母親。
Now aged 18 months old, our puppy, who we followed from birth, is going to have a litter of her own.
我們從小關注的小狗已年滿十八個月,她將擁有自己的孩子。
Just like a human, she may experience morning sickness and strange food cravings.
與人類一樣,她也許會有早孕反應,或者特別喜歡某種食物。
But 63 days after conception, she'll give birth, and the cycle will begin all over again.
但在懷孕六十三天后她將分娩,生命的輪回又重新開始。
A new litter of dogs, with all their potential, entering the world.
一窩新生的小狗帶著無限的潛能來到了這世界。
I'm really surprised how much she means to me, really.
我很意外她對我會如此重要。
We've always had them as a pet, but she's definitely more than that.
我們總把它們當寵物,但她絕不僅僅是寵物。
I think every time you go out, you learn something about the dogs.
你每次出門,都會加深對狗的了解。
You always learn something new.
你總能學到新的東西。
There are so many benefits of having a dog in one's life. I can't recommend it highly enough.
養狗在生活中有許多益處。我十分推薦養狗。
Dogs give us an incredible amount. All we can ever do is look after them and love them.
狗對我們付出了許多,而我們能做的就是照顧和愛護它們。
Together, we're a team.
我們是一個團隊。
Dogs are super intelligent and have amazing powers. I love him.
狗聰明絕頂,擁有神奇的力量。我愛他。
We now understand dogs better than ever before.
現在我們比以前更了解狗。
And the more we know about our dogs, the more we love them.
越了解狗,我們就越愛它們。
So, dogs. Slobbery, hairy mutts only interested in food? Sometimes. But mostly just brilliant.
狗,是流著口水的毛絨笨蛋吃貨嗎?有時候是。但大部分時候 它們無與倫比。