Dialogue 2
Jingjing: So how did the play go, Xiao Gao?
京晶:小高,你的話劇演得怎么樣?
Xiao Gao: In a nutshell,it went smoothly. At first, I was as pale as a ghost because I was so nervous,but later I was able to find my feet.
小高:總的來說很順利。開始的時候因為緊張,我的臉像鬼一樣蒼白。但是之后我就適應了。
Jingjing: Well, that doesn't surprise me. Your acting skills are really top-notch, plus, thanks to my expert help, you were able to pull it off.
京晶:好吧,我聽了一點兒也不驚奇。你的演技真的非常棒。再加上有我專業的幫助,你肯定順利完成。
Xiao Gao: Hey, don't get too ahead of yourself, we only practiced together for an hour!
小高:嘿,不要得意忘形,你只幫了我一個小時而已。
Jingjing: I know I know,I'm just teasing you. But maybe one day we'll see you on the big screen.
京晶:我知道啦,我只是逗你玩兒呢。但是有一天,我沒準能在好萊塢電影里看到你。
Xiao Gao: Maybe not. For now, I think I'll stick to acting in small plays.
小高:還沒準兒呢,現在我只想繼續演小型的戲劇。
習語短語
1. in a nutshell = 總的來說
2. as pale as a ghost = 臉色像鬼一樣蒼白(挺害怕的)
3. find one's feet =適應環境
4. top-notch = 非常棒
5. plus = 還有
6. thanks to (something) = 多虧
7. pull (something) off = 勝利完成
8. get ahead of oneself =得意忘形
9. the big screen = 好萊塢電影
10. stick to (something) = 堅持做某事